PDA

View Full Version : T-Stand Mission

jacksmom
09-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I am on a mission...make a better T-stand with the materials that can be found around the farm. We have:

PVC, probably any size
Poplar dowel rod
Vetrap (though I don't like the way dirt and food sticks to it)
Concrete filled planter pots
Natural branches (crepe myrtle)

Will let you know what I come up with - feel free to post ideas! Have already looked around for broken lamps or fans that would make a good stand base...nada...so we may have to work with a couple of the concrete buckets...though they are the six inch wide ones and I would probably have to use two...

spiritbird
09-03-2013, 06:07 PM
It is so rewarding to make your own stands for your birds. I know it will be awesome.

mrgoogls
09-04-2013, 01:39 PM
thats plenty of good materials! im sure you will come up with a great stand :)

ShellyBorg
09-04-2013, 02:06 PM
I am on the same mission right now. I think I may go with PVC for this one and start looking for just the right chunk of manzanita for a nicer one later.

jacksmom
09-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Thanks all! It isn't made yet, but we designed it and got all the parts together. I will post pics when we make this tonight...we don't particularly need it today as it is a greenhouse day and there is a playgym there.

Cool, Shelly! :-) Is that for Princess Paris? :-)

ShellyBorg
09-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Cool, Shelly! :-) Is that for Princess Paris? :-)

Yes, she is not a fan of the one I had. :D

jacksmom
09-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Heh, maybe it was supposed to be pink for the lil' lady! ;) Let us know what you come up with! :)

jacksmom
09-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Arg. T stand was put off until hopefully tonight...but definitely by Monday morning, when we will actually have need of it. (We use the greenhouse stands on days we work at the farm)

How is the pink stand with diamond studs coming, Shelly? Lol! :D

Blancaej
09-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing it! :)