PDA

View Full Version : Paris Is In The Air

jacksmom
09-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Well, in another hour she will be boarding, anyway!

Let the notice ring out from here to California...a very beloved bird is on her way home!! All soldiers at attention, keep your eyes to the skies...and if Delta messes with our baby getting home at the right time - let us have units standing by to confront them at all points!!!

ShellyBorg
09-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I am taking off for Sac right now! I will let you know if there are ANY issues from my end!

jacksmom
09-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Definitely do...we will be standing by, ready to make heads roll if anyone holds her up! :cool:

Blancaej
09-01-2013, 06:47 PM
This has really been wonderful sharing this experience with you both! I am praying for little Paris that all goes well. I know you both are on pins and needles and quite frankly, so are we! :th_biggrin:

We will all be happy when she arrives in CA safely!

Honesty
09-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Yes, we are all on edge waiting to hear that Paris has arrived safetly:)

Debra
09-01-2013, 07:12 PM
I hate that I go to bed so early at times like this. I so want to be on here when we get the news that Shelly has gotten Paris safely and that things went well. Unfortunately, it will be early in the morning before I will find this information out.

Honesty
09-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I have a feeling it will be the same for me too Deb:(

spiritbird
09-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Everything is going to be just fine. Happy birds are our priority!!

ShellyBorg
09-01-2013, 08:32 PM
OK. I made it here and found the Delta Dash Cargo area. The guy only laughed a little with me being 6 hours early. All looks good! All flights on time. Now to ho east time in town.

jacksmom
09-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Thank you Shelly, for just being you! :D

And thank you, everyone...it has blown Matt's mind and made us feel very good that there are so many people rooting for little Princess Pear. :)

Honesty
09-01-2013, 08:53 PM
You are very welcome Grace:) We certainly are all rooting for little Princess Pear :th_biggrin:

Blancaej
09-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Our fids are very special to each and everyone of us. And we care about everyone's else's fids like they are our own. We want nothing but the best for all the birds on PP!

coltfire
09-01-2013, 11:01 PM
praying all went well

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 01:03 AM
UGGGG. About 1 hour and 45 min to go! Today has gone by so slow!!!

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 01:22 AM
I am sitting in front of Delta cargo right now and the plane will be 20 min early!! Will still have a hour but everything looks great!

jacksmom
09-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Oh that is sooooo awesome!!!!! :) Big smile from Matt! :D

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 02:46 AM
She is here. She is a little scared and Delta was great about me refusing to get up off the floor where she was to sign for her. We are on the road heading home with her hanging from the front of the cage near me.

Blancaej
09-02-2013, 02:52 AM
:th_yah: So glad she arrived safely! Now I can go to bed! LOL!

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Enjoy Shelly, drive safely and try to get some sleep tonight! (yeah right!) ;)

:woohoo-dancing-bana

:happydance:

plax
09-02-2013, 02:52 AM
I'm very glad to hear that she's safe and with you now, Shelly :D

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 02:57 AM
OMG she is trying to regurgitate through the bars for me when ever I talk to her!

plax
09-02-2013, 03:14 AM
OMG she is trying to regurgitate through the bars for me when ever I talk to her!Sounds like a favorable sign to me :)

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 03:28 AM
We stopped at a rest stop and I can not touch beak or feet but I can hand feed peanuts :D

jacksmom
09-02-2013, 03:47 AM
That is a great sign of course, so awesome!!!!!! :D

She only ever does that for me, or a towel or blanket, or a nice new perch. Something she loves, in other words. ;)

I am sure she is terrified, and very happy to see someone who knows "her language" already (soft and sweet, lol, she is a sucker for thay) and was nice enough to reassure her before grabbing her crate and running off with her helpless. She is grateful to you. :) You will be touching her all over in a matter of days, this is really, really, really great news!!!!! :D

coltfire
09-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Great news so glad she is on the ground and on her way to her new home , grace im sure you and matt are relieved, she is now safe with shelly, well drive safe and tomorrow is a new day and time for pics, enjoy your new girl shelly .

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 05:55 AM
Ok we are home, she is in her new cage and I can open the door and feed her almonds by hand. She has had a long drink of water and is eating some pellets as she seems hungry. We will stay up just for a bit. Demon needed some cuddle time when I got home anyways. :D I will post some pictures tomorrow!

Honesty
09-02-2013, 08:03 AM
:woohoo-dancing-banaI am so pleased Paris has arrived safetly. It was the first thing I checked this morning:) I cant wait to see all the pics later!

Debra
09-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Woo Hoo!! She made it!! I'm so thrilled! I can't wait to see pics and hear how her first night in her forever home went.

coltfire
09-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Will be waiting for pics, and update on how her night went. congrates again

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Ok, so sometime last night I managed to lose my phone. Its here in the house somewhere! As soon as I find it the pics will begin!

Well just as I was heading to bed I offered Paris one more almond. She is so gentle when she takes food! As soon as she was done eating she allowed me to pet her head through the bars! She squeaked once when I shut the lights off but other then that it was a very nice night. This morning I talked to her a little then opened the door and offered her a couple peanuts off the flat of my hand. Again she took them like a lady, then allowed me to give her another head scritches without the bars between us. She made a half hearted bluff, I gave her a little space then she asked for me to pet her again. :D I am getting every one breakfast together now. When I feed her i will be sitting by the open door talking to her. She is so pretty! Right now she is sitting under a toy preening herself.

plax
09-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Very happy to hear such a pleasant report about Paris, Shelly :D. Things seem to be progressing quite well! Congratulations to you on your new family member and to her on her new home :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
09-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Nice [Things are going to be great] ;) Shelly ,im sure you have been around a lot of different types of birds.But have you been able to see Macaws in person :).

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Pinky I am a bird groomer/trainer. :D I have a couple Macs I see all the time, I have also hand fed and worked with them at the zoo. So far Paris is the sweetest and most gentle I have ever run into for the stress of the flight and new place/person. She will challenge me I am sure in the upcoming weeks but we will work through it. As I am typing she just started talking for the first time! :D

Blancaej
09-02-2013, 05:34 PM
She seems likes she is fitting right in! I think birds know bird people right off the bat! ;)

jacksmom
09-02-2013, 07:41 PM
I am very satisfied with the stories until then!!! :) It took me several days to get as far as petting her...but I didn't know what she was doing (for sure) when she tilted her head like that! ;) Her language is easy, huh...I am sure you would have figured her out fast enough on your own, but I am so glad we could help shorten your learning curve a bit! She will be perched comfortably on your arm (and never want to leave) very soon!!! :)

I am so happy that she found her place, we wish it could have been with us, nobody saw Jack as being aggressive until Paris came around...ah, well, enough of that...doesn't matter anymore! :)

Thanks again, Shelly!

Oh, and yeah, her gentleness is amazing...wait till she "explores" your fingers...you can barely feel it...and it can really tickle if you gets you under your arm or something!!! :D

plax
09-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I think it's so cool that Paris is such a sweetheart :)

coltfire
09-02-2013, 10:36 PM
she sounds like she is going to be so much fun ,Grace how has Jack reacted to Paris not being there, is he settling at all, and i hope you all realize that now i HAVE to go out and get my Macaw now, and Amanda dont say a word , im getting one i love them so much and that was my plan when i got the Eckkies breed them to pay for a macaw, so now im going to start looking for one . thanks Jacks mom and shelly and all the other macaw owners for pushing me to the point i must get one.

jacksmom
09-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Heh, he has been so happy...little JERK...no more lunging and screaming at me when I approach him. Every time I touched or talked to Paris he would get so angry with me he would lunge at me and scream the next time I approached him - even if it was the next day - and it took ten minutes to sweet talk him into wanting to come to me. Lately I have been having to sit down on the floor and put my head in my arms for awhile before he would forgive me.

But that is all gone now! I have my baby boy back. :) Thank you for remembering him, it is so nice you were so concerned about Jack in this! :) Be back in a bit, my boy is done with breakfast and I am going to go reassure him once again he is the only guy for me! ;)

ShellyBorg
09-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I am so glad that Jack is doing better!

jacksmom
09-03-2013, 02:25 PM
And how is Miss Priss this morning? :)

ShellyBorg
09-03-2013, 02:42 PM
LOL A brat! See the Paris Thread!