PDA

View Full Version : Amazon colour mutations.

Honesty
08-31-2013, 05:24 PM
I have found some colour mutations of Amazons :) These are stunning too!

This one is called "Chocolate Raspberry Blue Front"

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

This is the yellow and blue mutation of the Yellow Nape:)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Rescued
08-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow the yellow and blue mutations are really beautiful.

Honesty
08-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Wow the yellow and blue mutations are really beautiful.They certainly are. I would like one of each :)

Blancaej
08-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Wow I like the ones in the second photo best! Beautiful!

ShellyBorg
08-31-2013, 06:27 PM
I like the first one!

ConureGuy
08-31-2013, 06:28 PM
These were bread by howard voren it's amazing how he bread a chocolate raspberry blue front and the other species aswell i just wonder if there will be health complications with them which i think there will be as there mutations still stunning to look at tho. :)

Honesty
08-31-2013, 07:19 PM
These were bread by howard voren it's amazing how he bread a chocolate raspberry blue front and the other species aswell i just wonder if there will be health complications with them which i think there will be as there mutations still stunning to look at tho. :)I dont think there will be health problems! Its no different from having all the different colour mutations with Conure's and IRN's. A friend of Richards ( Henpecked ) breeds these colour mutations :)

coltfire
08-31-2013, 09:45 PM
lovely looking birds and colours.

henpecked
09-03-2013, 11:57 AM
The ones Howard Voren breeds are natural occurring mutations. BTW the blue bird in the pic is an OWA not YNA . To view more pics and some very good articles go to voren.com.

Honesty
09-03-2013, 12:31 PM
The ones Howard Voren breeds are natural occurring mutations. BTW the blue bird in the pic is an OWA not YNA . To view more pics and some very good articles go to voren.com.Thanks Richard. I will have a look:)

Pinkbirdy
09-05-2013, 01:37 AM
I think their fantastic !!!

Mare
09-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Beautiful! Will he breed these birds to try and continue these variations, do you know?

Honesty
09-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes, as far as I know he will continue breeding them. I think he has quite a long waiting list for them:(

henpecked
09-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Yeah, i bought one of the Blue mutation hens( split to blue) , 1yr old and waiting on a split to blue male this year to pair with. The price has come down some but still pretty "pricey". To the best of my knowledge , the wait on blue napes is 1-2 yrs and the others (raspberry chocolate, butter cream ) depends on the hatch. If your interested ,let me know. he raises breeders different than pets and it makes a difference as to what you want.

Pinkbirdy
09-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Curious ,whats expensive ? Price range for these guys :)

henpecked
09-14-2013, 02:18 PM
depends on which mutation your looking at,5,000 to 12,000 dollars.

Honesty
09-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah, i bought one of the Blue mutation hens( split to blue) , 1yr old and waiting on a split to blue male this year to pair with. The price has come down some but still pretty "pricey". To the best of my knowledge , the wait on blue napes is 1-2 yrs and the others (raspberry chocolate, butter cream ) depends on the hatch. If your interested ,let me know. he raises breeders different than pets and it makes a difference as to what you want.I didnt know you had bought one Richard! I would love to see some pics of her:)

Its no good me saying I would like one as I am in the UK:(

merlinsmom13
09-15-2013, 02:34 PM

Is this the mutation 'raspberry'?? Gorgeous birds.

Rescued
09-15-2013, 03:05 PM
The key to no health problems with these mutations is the same with any breedings. Start with healthy birds, don't inbreed, feed them well, and if one does develop health issues don't continue to breed it. In horses color genetics are well known and most are very healthy, the problems start when people breed only for color without thought of health or conformation issues. This happens a lot when someone breeds for a specific trait without keeping in mind the big picture.

henpecked
09-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I didnt know you had bought one Richard! I would love to see some pics of her:)

Its no good me saying I would like one as I am in the UK:(

She's a "split to blue" Which means she looks like a regular YNA but carries the blue mutation genes. If bred with another split to blue (my plan) then the chances for blue babies would be 50% . Half the babies would be blue and the other babies would look normal but still have the blue mutation genes(SPLIT TO BLUE).

Honesty
09-17-2013, 10:08 AM
She's a "split to blue" Which means she looks like a regular YNA but carries the blue mutation genes. If bred with another split to blue (my plan) then the chances for blue babies would be 50% . Half the babies would be blue and the other babies would look normal but still have the blue mutation genes(SPLIT TO BLUE).Ah, I understand now! So will you be able to get a Blue Male soon?

henpecked
09-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Hopefully this spring, i've been saving my money,LOL. I think i'm #1 or #2 on the waiting list, most folks are looking hens so i might stand a chance.

Turquoise
09-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Oh My Wendy, those are gorgeous!!! Of course I love the blue Zon the best!!!:th_heart:

At those prices I will only be able to admire them in my dreams & photos! :th_eek::th_faint:

Guess I better go look those cute Blue Quakers a local pet shop has over once more.:th_biggrin:

Honesty
09-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Hopefully this spring, i've been saving my money,LOL. I think i'm #1 or #2 on the waiting list, most folks are looking hens so i might stand a chance.You must be very excited about this Richard:) I cant wait to see him!