PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Macaw

Honesty
08-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Has anyone ever seen a Yellow Macaw? They are very unusual :) Here is a pic.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

ShellyBorg
08-31-2013, 03:49 PM
I just saw a pic much like these but more orange yellow. I think I prefer my macs macaw colored. I worry about their health to be breed to the point of color change.

Honesty
08-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Yes, I have to admit, I prefer the normal Macaw clours!

plax
08-31-2013, 04:13 PM
I think they look pretty cool :). But then I love yellow! I've seen a series of photos before from where that image originated, as well as some similar Macaw color mutations. Some of them are quite interesting to see.

Honesty
08-31-2013, 04:24 PM
I think they look pretty cool :). But then I love yellow! I've seen a series of photos before from where that image originated, as well as some similar Macaw color mutations. Some of them are quite interesting to see.Yes, they are very pretty colours. There are very similar colour mutations for Amazons too. I will see if I can find some :)

ShellyBorg
08-31-2013, 04:28 PM
This is the one I was looking at earlier.

plax
08-31-2013, 04:36 PM
This is the one I was looking at earlier.Yes, I've seen that one, or others very similar to it, as well. I would love to have one... yellow parrots are very beautiful to me.

Honesty
08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
This is the one I was looking at earlier.Now that is absolutely stunning!

Rescued
08-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Personally I think macaw coloration is perfect just the way God made them, but they do look interesting.

Blancaej
08-31-2013, 06:07 PM
I do agree, I like the colors they already come in! :th_biggrin: I've seen the pic Wendy shared but not the one Shelly did. That looks like an albino macaw, if there is such a thing!

coltfire
08-31-2013, 09:49 PM
love it , i dont think i would care what colour macaw i had but that is nice

Turquoise
09-12-2013, 07:38 AM
I have seen both your photo Wendy and Shelly's colored mutation macaws before. I thought them to be a bit odd looking. I'm not too fond of either color available, but that is just me.

I know my two boys are not the normal macaw color being hybrids, but their color combos are much more pleasing to me than this mutation is. To each his own tho and I am sure I could learn to love the color if I found one or both under my tree next Christmas!:th_biggrin: