PDA

View Full Version : Bed time has apparently changed

Debra
08-31-2013, 12:41 AM
I slept in during the summer until 7am so the birds got up at that time. Bed time has always been 8 for them and I would go to bed to watch tv without bothering them. Since going back to work this past week, I've had to get up at 4:30. Like always, I wake the birds up at that time and feed them their breakfast. This has always worked just fine for them and me. Bedtime has always been 8pm regardless of whether or not I was working. This year, however, it looks like 7:30 will be their bedtime. Frankie starts hollering "night night" at 7:30 on the dot and will not quit until he is locked in his cage and covered. He has always been a busy bird and hasn't taken many naps during the day so I guess these early mornings are taking it's toll on him. lol. Amber usually goes in her sleepy hut around 7:30 also which is her signal that she's ready for bed. So, all week I've been putting everyone but Lucy to bed early. She doesn't seem to be too affected by the early hours and since she's locked up so much during the day, we want her to have her out of cage time so we let her stay out until I go to bed at 8.

I just think it's interesting that he would make such a fuss about wanting to be covered. Poor baby, I feel sorry for waking him up so early, but it has to be done. It's too late when I get home to uncover him (he starts yelling "good morning Frankie" when he wants to be uncovered) because he normally wakes up before I get home. I also do not leave food in their cages at night so I have to feed them in the mornings before work. They get to sleep in for the next 3 days since it's the weekend and Monday is a holiday. I know he's going to enjoy that. I know I will. These early mornings have been hard on me too. I was asleep before I hit the pillow last night. lol

Pinkbirdy
08-31-2013, 01:26 AM
So cute !!! You cant help but love Frankie :) I love how each one is so different . Pearl [my Goffin ] is the only one I cover . If I miss his wanting to go to sleep window [he looks at my opens his mouth and screams !! It would be nicer if he said "nite nite".:)

ShellyBorg
08-31-2013, 03:01 AM
Mine are a little more flexible but we will see what happens with the new flock member..

Blancaej
09-01-2013, 02:02 AM
Very cute Debra! Sounds like Frankie is full of personality! I'm sure he will adjust after a few days. :)

spiritbird
09-01-2013, 12:59 PM
I would love to meet you Frankie.

Debra
09-01-2013, 01:16 PM
I actually don't mind that he wants to go to bed early. I would like to go to bed at that time too. lol. He IS full of personality. He also goes non-stop all day. If he's quiet/not playing with his toys, you need to check up on him. He's a busy little bird. I only wish that he wasn't so cage aggressive and was more hands-on, but I'll take what he'll give me. He loves interacting but only if he's on his cage.

Turquoise
09-02-2013, 04:35 AM
That is cute! Frankie sounds like a character. At least it's not the other way around & he refuses to go to bed.:th_LOL:

Mine all know when wake up & bed time comes as I have lights over each cage set on timers. When I'm home in the evenings (not work nights) I cover the macaws & Leyla Belle. When I go to in-service for those 4 days I will have to get my flock up at 4:00am to feed them & I already know Roscoe is not going to like it. He hated it last year, but there is nothing I can do about it. Thankfully it is only once a year. Not sure how Ruby Jewel will take the change, this will be her 1st 4:00am set.