PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Keko

ConureGuy
08-30-2013, 02:36 PM
So keko is now home and is a male i was wanting a female which ken had but the one i wanted the most was the one with the red on it and he was spoken for but turns out the person who was ment to get him isn't awnsering his phone so he lost out and i got him instead :th_biggrin: i was due to bring the little guy home on tuesday next week but instead i got him today and have snapped up a bunch of pictures for you's as promised so let me introduce you to my unique CAG keko. :th_heart:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Honesty
08-30-2013, 02:43 PM
:th_yah:Congrats Paul. He is adorable :)

ConureGuy
08-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Ain't he just i can't believe how much red he has on him. :)

Debra
08-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Welcome home Keko!! We've all been anticipating your arrival! You are one good looking bird!

spiritbird
08-30-2013, 10:04 PM
He does have a significant amt. of red on him. Hope it stays as he grows. I know you are having fun.

ConureGuy
08-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Yeah it should stay i would think and yeah dianne it's tons of fun :th_LOL: seems like only yesterday i was doing all these things with georgie and jinx. :th_biggrin:

Honesty
08-30-2013, 10:41 PM
What does Jinx think to the new addition?

ConureGuy
08-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Well he wasn't overly impressed at first but now that keko is settling in nicely jinx is fine with it and as for georgie she just doesn't give a damn one bit. :th_LOL:

Pinkbirdy
08-30-2013, 10:58 PM
How neat !!!! What does all the red mean ? Does she like you handling her ? Your so lucky [greys are sooo smart ;) ]

ConureGuy
08-30-2013, 11:08 PM
He's a red factor grey terri meaning his parents are both normal CAG's the white grey and the red tail but there's a gene in the parents which allows the female adult to give birth to birds like keko with all the red on him although it's a rare for them to do so keko is the first grey that my breeder has raised with the red on his chest legs and head and back at first i thought he was a mutation but that went out of my head in seconds as i know my breeder doesn't approve of mutated species he say's it's better to keep them the way nature intended them to be.

And yes indeed he loves being handled and cuddled he is a very special boy. :th_biggrin:

Mare
08-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Aww, Keiko is precious! Love his coloring and congratulations!!

ShellyBorg
08-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Beautiful baby!

ConureGuy
08-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks all it feels so good to have him home. :th_hug8:

Blancaej
09-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Congratulations Paul! :th_yah: He is so adorable! Love the red, too! Very unique. Sounds like he is settling in well. Glad you were able to pick him up early. That must have made your day!

coltfire
09-01-2013, 06:30 AM
so cute , will be looking forward to here all about his settling in and what he gets up to.

ConureGuy
09-01-2013, 05:06 PM
He's doing great he is still on formula but should be off it by next week i have started training him so he steps up as ken always picks them up instead of letting them step up so he needs to learn that aswell as some flight and recall training but other than the training everything is perfect. :th_biggrin:

Turquoise
09-02-2013, 04:49 AM
:th_omg:Paul!!! Keko is absolutely Gorgeous!! I completely love his red feathers peeking through the grey dispersed about on him! :th_heart:

I love the photos and Keko looks so calm & happy with you already!

If you ever lose your mind & want to send him away, you just let me know & I will swim across the Atlantic & come get him! :th_hug8: And I fear deep water!!:th_LOL:

ShellyBorg
09-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Just make sure you wean him when he is ready, not on a time table. Sometime a extra couple weeks of hand feeding can do a lot for their mental health in the long run.

ConureGuy
09-02-2013, 08:52 AM
:th_omg:Paul!!! Keko is absolutely Gorgeous!! I completely love his red feathers peeking through the grey dispersed about on him! :th_heart:

I love the photos and Keko looks so calm & happy with you already!

If you ever lose your mind & want to send him away, you just let me know & I will swim across the Atlantic & come get him! :th_hug8: And I fear deep water!!:th_LOL:

Thanks for offering de but he won't be going anywhere :D he's a good little boy and is a real pleasure to have around he loves his cuddles and scraches and i will be sure to take your advise shelly. :)

spiritbird
09-02-2013, 12:41 PM
This is your honeymoon time with him so enjoy his joy and youth. Greys are the best of the best and he is super good looking as well. I began to train Rosie to eat soft foods out of a spoon at this time and she loved it. It is a good thing to get them comfortable with if one day you need to give meds.

ConureGuy
09-02-2013, 01:09 PM
I just love being around him he is so much fun i'm so glad i got him.

Wulfgeist
09-07-2013, 04:34 AM
Wow he's pretty cool, love the red feathers. He has so many of them maybe the next ones will come in red after he molts too. Keep posting pictures, I miss having a baby around. I started a journal when I got Jasper, didn't keep up with it as much as I wanted to. Might be something to consider, keeping track of those first words and all the progress. The changes will come and will astound you. That way when you are both old men you get it out and remember those glorious times.
:th_idea: Welcome Keko and congratulations on your new addition!