PDA

View Full Version : Southwick Zoo, MA - Part 2 - Parakeet Landing

Blancaej
08-28-2013, 09:46 PM
They had this really cool set up at the where you went into an aviary and could feed parakeets & cockatiels with millet. Here are some photos:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

It was great for the kids to feed the little budgies. Gave them some pre-Linnie experience!

Honesty
08-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Awesome :th_biggrin:

Debra
08-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Our zoo has the same type of thing and I love it! We make it the last stop at the zoo because I want to spend so much time there. Jerry (and my daughter and her fiance) literally have to drag me out of there. lol

Blancaej
08-29-2013, 12:34 AM
We had so much fun in there. We were in there awhile. I had to drag everybody out of there including Brad! LOL! I would have stayed longer but we had more zoo to see! We will most likely go again next year!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Pinkbirdy
08-29-2013, 01:24 AM
You would have had to drag me out too !!!! :)

Blancaej
08-29-2013, 01:54 AM
Lol! Not surprising. ;)

I think everyone here would have had a ball! :D

Pinkbirdy
08-29-2013, 02:06 AM
I see you daughter practicing for her new Linnies :)

coltfire
08-29-2013, 09:03 AM
looks like you had a great day out .

spiritbird
08-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Wish we had something like this here. Like you I would stay there as long as I could. Lucky parakeets to have such a nice place to fly. They appear to be human friendly too!

Blancaej
08-29-2013, 05:05 PM
They were all pretty tame. If you sat still long enough they flew right over to get some millet. You'd think they would be sick of millet by now! LOL!

Turquoise
09-11-2013, 06:06 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] those budgies are so cute holding up your kid's hands, ummm I mean your kids holding those budgies! :th_LOL:

I would love to have that aviary in my yard! The San Antonio Zoo has an outdoor aviary with lots of Lorries & lorikeets. It may have more birds than just them. Some of the Lorries are quite friendly. I have photos of all the birds I saw there, but they are in my 'not working' computer right now.

Blancaej
09-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Lol! Too funny De'! ;)

Oh wow, an aviary full of lorries & lorakeets. That must be a beautiful site!