PDA

View Full Version : My daughter started 2nd grade today!

Blancaej
08-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Can't believe she is already in second grade. My little girl is growing up fast!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
08-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Lovely pic. How old is your daughter?

They do grow up so quickly!I cannot believe that Tiegan is 13. The time has just gone. :th_shocking:

Blancaej
08-28-2013, 09:12 PM
She is 7 going on 13! LOL!

Pinkbirdy
08-29-2013, 01:15 AM
She looks happy!!! I will be relieved myself [when the first day is over]. Ive been shopping with both my girls! their 10 and 13 . Between the supplies and the clothes [I was ready to stick them in the trunk !!] So glad when its over. Cute when their seven though:)

Blancaej
08-29-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm sure it gets more and more expensive as they grow! :rolleyes:

When do yours start?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
08-29-2013, 01:05 PM
I remember those days. It does take $$, especially when they want to keep up with their peers.

Blancaej
08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes Dianne! Luckily we found some really cute outfits for great prices for her! :)

Turquoise
09-11-2013, 05:30 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] I love that pose. Your daughter is so photogenic!! :th_biggrin:

I never had the pleasure of getting to go shopping for cute girl's outfits. I only had my one boy and he was not into frilly stuff much!! :th_LOL: Tho I was thankful I didn't have to go through the 'boys hanging out at my house' stuff!

Blancaej
09-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Its nice to have a boy and a girl. I can experience both, good or bad. ;)

coltfire
09-11-2013, 12:19 PM
i think i remember when my last one started 2nd grade,lol and believe me it does get more expensive, the older they get, and here if you put them in private school just a jacket that they must have, but only wear 4 time's a year will cost $1200, and thats just the jacket, glad i only have two left at school,they are in a semi private school, all girls. but let me tell you one thing, school is the cheap part wait till they leave school want a car, money to go out, money for this money for that, it does not end even when they leave home. they done a survey here in Australia, and they say it cost $750.000 per child from birth to leaving school/ uni.

Blancaej
09-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Wow! Kids are expensive, no doubt! Lol! But worth it! ;)

coltfire
09-11-2013, 01:14 PM
thats why i had 9:th_LOL:

Blancaej
09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Wow 9! That is great. I'll stick to 2! ;)

Debra
09-11-2013, 03:08 PM
I lucked out on the money part of raising my daughter. Her father and I divorced when she was three. He comes from a family with money, which he in turn received. Needless to say, they bought her her first (and second) car, paid for her college (cash), and are paying for her wedding. Of course, he hurts his relationship with her by holding it over her head that he's done all this. I get to have an honest and open relationship with her. She knows we don't have much money and she sees us sacrifice for her. I think that means more to her than all the money her dad and his family shower her with. She also appreciates the fact that I don't pressure her to visit. I tell her that a couple of hours with her and her fiance whenever they come to town is wonderful for me. Christmas and Thanksgiving her dad's family always keep her busy. She still prefers to come out here in the country or to go to a restaurant with us for a quick visit. We also are the only ones who have gone up to her fiance's house to do stuff -- even if it's just sitting around watching tv. They really appreciate not having to "entertain" us and that they can feel free to show us they are college students with hardly any money. So, it's not having money that makes a relationship, it's love and respect for each other.

Blancaej
09-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Absolutely Deb! You learn a lot more without money then you do with. ;)