PDA

View Full Version : On her back

josiesmom
08-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Does anyone else's b&g like to lay on their back? Josie kept trying to get me to roll her on her back last night. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
08-27-2013, 03:52 PM
That is a beautiful pic of Josie:)

ShellyBorg
08-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Too funny!

Blancaej
08-27-2013, 04:04 PM
I know Coqui likes that. Hopefully she'll do that for me. :)

Josie is adorable! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Debra
08-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Oh, how funny! She looks like such a happy bird.

plax
08-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Does anyone else's b&g like to lay on their back? Josie kept trying to get me to roll her on her back last night.Jack doesn't do it so much anymore. Sadly, he changed many of his regular behaviors once he had to be physically separated from Maynard about 8 years ago. Zaf's not a B&G (obviously), but he's on his back all the time. Plus he just loves to lay on his back cradled in my arm as well. What Josie is doing in your photo is a strong sign that she is very contented in her environment. It's a great pic of her :th_biggrin:

Turquoise
08-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Josie is so cute in that photo. Such an adorable pose!

I only have half B&Gs and Angel of course can't do those things. He hasn't ever given any indication he would even want to if he could. Roscoe on rare occasions will semi lay on his back in my arms. He much prefers to bounce all over his play perch as opposed to any other kind of play.

Ruby Jewel is not a B&G, but she is my only 'floor bird'. Meaning she is the only one that likes to get on the floor and walk around or play. Recently she has started trying to roll over on her back to play with me when I sit on the floor with her. It is a bit hard for her without getting off-balance due to her 'short' wing. I think in time she will be my roll-over play girl. :th_biggrin:

kendrafitz
09-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Rosie will lay on her back, but she then plays with my hands or I kiss her belly. She won't just lay and chill on her back.

spiritbird
09-04-2013, 12:37 PM
She is a joy to see in your photos.

coltfire
09-04-2013, 02:25 PM
lexxy will lay on her back, which makes it easy to trim her nails as she will just lay there for me until im all done , the first time i took her to the vets, it blew his mind how i had got her to just lay there while he did his examination, and then told me that it was the first bird he had seen do that, this was like 12 years ago.

Mare
09-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Josie is a Doll!! Amigo and Sassy both lay on their backs. Sassy will only do this with my husband while sitting on the couch. She will be beside him then do this tuck and roll move where she ends up against his leg and on her back, they do a little wrestle after that, it's really cute! Reminds me of how kittens like to play :). Amigo lets me roll him onto his back while in my lap and this is how I cut his nails, also, Steve! I do have to cover up his head for just a moment or else he tries to pull the clippers out of my hand. If this happens, he won't give them back untill he's totally done figuring them out!

jacksmom
09-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Very cute!!! :D

Not so much from mine...but I can't say I have really tried. The guy who owned Jack did it...but the bird looked uncomfortable to me, at least when he was trying to get him to do it...but this guy also thought you got a bird to step up by (he was actually taught this by Jack's breeder, so I don't place all the blame on him) by practically knocking it off it's perch from behind...sort of a step back or you will fall tactic. :eek:

Paris has never done that for anyone to my knowledge, but since Shelly has her now perhaps she will. :cool: We have THREE active B&G's here, or more? Neat!!! :D

Rescued
09-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Both my RB2 and my red fronted macaw will go on their backs, but not Sparky. She is much happier on her feet. That is a super cute picture of Josie.

Macaw Lover
09-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Kalea I can hold in one hand while she is on her back and give her tummy kisses. She is also my little monkey who loves being held by one or both feet while she hangs upside down. She will also grab a finger if she is sitting on my leg and walk backwards off that leg where she then hangs by her beak from my finger.

ShellyBorg
09-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Cant wait till Paris trusts me more. Spirit will do it for grooming while Demon will do it just to be in my hand.

Rescued
09-09-2013, 02:02 AM
I got my husband to get a picture of Jax laying in my lap, he loves to wrestle on his back, but I got him to let go for a minute and snap a picture.

Debra
09-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Oh, how cute!

Pat 621
11-13-2013, 11:12 AM
My max loves to roll over on her back and play with my finger. She will roll to her side or if she is standing on my hand I can flip her over and hold her in the palm of my hand. Show trust. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Pat 621
11-13-2013, 11:13 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Debra
11-13-2013, 03:30 PM
I wish I had a bird that would trust me enough to lay on its back. My hubby can get Lucy to do that but none of my birds will.

Pat 621
11-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Max was hand tame before I got her. She just started doing it she is 11 months old now.