PDA

View Full Version : ~~My Diva~~The Divine Miss Leyla Belle~~

Turquoise
08-27-2013, 09:31 AM
My Diva Miss Leyla Belle being silly yesterday morning while I was fixing her breakfast. I really think she thought I had the sprayer in my hands as she only spreads her wings for her showers. This was the first time she has done this just being out & about on her perch.

Did I hear someone say we were having a 'Wing Shot' Competition here?
Well, here's your winning shot! Ta Da
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Oh how I love showing off my gorgeous wings.

What was that? The 'Wing Shot' contest was last month?!!

And just why wasn't my Agent told about this? Hmmmm?

This just makes me so mad missing out on my big break!

Better get my feathers in shape for the next contest. I just know
I'm going to win it!!

All this sprucing up to be gorgeous just makes me so hungry! Mmmmm

Blancaej
08-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Those are wonderful photos De'! She looks like she has tons of personality! I just police her beautiful deep colors! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
08-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Wow look at all those beautiful wing feathers! She looks like a happy girl.

Honesty
08-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Stunning pics :)

Debra
08-27-2013, 04:06 PM
So that's what a well tempered female ekkie looks like. Every time I go close to mine there is pure hatred in her eyes. Lucky you!

coltfire
08-27-2013, 11:09 PM
now that's a girl of my own heart, what a beautiful girl and the story you told well i bet that's just what was going on in her head, just like my lexxy, she is the diva of the flock and no one gets in lexxy way she gets what she wants when she wants, i think all the other's are scared of her , because when she comes out of the box and cage every one just stands back and waits to see what she is doing, Jade that look in her eye of pure hatred is in every female eckkies eye when they want some thing, its that look that got me into eckkies to start with, the look of evil and beauty all in one. but i must admit the females are more violent then the males, but people see the male beak and think not going near that, but its the females you have to watch.

Pinkbirdy
08-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Perfect wing shot !!! :)

Turquoise
08-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Thanks everyone. Leyla Belle is a special girl and talk~~My she can pick up words & phrases in no time flat! :th_hug8:

Debra, she is still young and hasn't gone through the nesting mode yet. That will come in a few years, so she may turn out to hate me as well. She can get mad as can be in a quick minute! Like Steve says, the females are the abusers in their family. The males can sometimes be killed by an irate ekkie wife. She is not a cuddly huggy girl, never has liked much more than to sit on my hand for a short bit. She refuses to get on my hand from her play perch. Nope, she always flies down to the floor where she promptly allows me to lift her up, but only if I use my right hand. No way she is getting on my left. It's crazy, but I've tested her more than once & it is the right hand or no deal!:th_hehe:

I wished I didn't have to clip her beautiful wings, but she flies very well if I don't. Jerry goes in & out too much and leaves the door open at times while building the hallway. I don't want her to fly right out the door & be gone. As you can see I had to clip them two different times. I had them clipped and she was fine with not flying, then she took flight & I had to get the dreaded towel out again. Between her not liking the ordeal & my having to clip twice I managed to leave one feather on each side in the middle area & clip too many of the rest. Oh well, she will grow new ones. :th_biggrin: