PDA

View Full Version : Baby pics of Codie.

Honesty
08-24-2013, 09:05 PM
I have just found some Baby pics of Codie. These were taken the first day I got him. He was 11 weeks old:)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blancaej
08-24-2013, 09:08 PM
I love baby pics! He is sooo sweet! Thanks so much for sharing them Wendy! We can never have enough baby photos to ooooh and awww over. :D

I am trying to find Quincy's baby pics from 13 years ago. The kids really want to see them. One of these days I hope to find them in my office. They are not digital so I will have a lot of digging to do!

Honesty
08-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks Blanca. Wasn't he a little cutie as a baby? He loved everyone then :) Once he got to about 5 months old, this all changed. He then decided it was only me he was going to tolerate. That was Tiegan petting him in the pics. If she tried to do that now, he would have her finger off :th_shocking:

Blancaej
08-24-2013, 09:21 PM
That is what is so hard with parrots. Despite all your efforts they can still become one person birds. Then with everyone else, it's a love/hate relationship!

Pinkbirdy
08-25-2013, 12:38 AM
He is so cute !!! I think I saw his kind when I went to my bird store . I was in love ! Nothing cuter than a puffed zon . I would get another Zon ,But I would be afraid to upset Tequila .Hes such a great guy [I wish I had him as a baby]. I think Zons are the whole parrot experience. Does Codie talk and sing?

plax
08-25-2013, 01:52 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] what a sweetie Codie seemed to be in the beginning :). Maybe at some point he decided it's kind of fun to act aggressive and try to scare and/or injure humans? Maynard has a personality somewhat like that.

Honesty
08-25-2013, 07:20 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] what a sweetie Codie seemed to be in the beginning :). Maybe at some point he decided it's kind of fun to act aggressive and try to scare and/or injure humans? Maynard has a personality somewhat like that.Yes, its such a shame he has aggression issues. Even I have to be careful with him. If he is in a bad mood then he does not think twice about attacking me:( Other days he can be so sweet.

Turquoise
08-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Those baby photos are so cute. He was a chubby little thing. So huggable looking.:th_hug8:

Miss Ruby Jewel has been that way too lately and she will hold her half wing up in the air away from me as if I had done something to it. I hadn't even touched it or gotten near it. To me it appears she is having 'flash backs' not unlike soldiers have after trauma in the field. I think in her mind the trauma of having her Dad bite her wing off is coming back & I am the one she perceives as doing it. When she does this she will make the ut uh macaw sound & bite at my arm if she is on it at the time it hits her. She just started this really often in the last month & nothing has changed about her routine, so it is puzzling. She will be 1 yr old next month. Maybe it is going to be a yearly anniversary of it happening occurrence with her.

Debra
08-25-2013, 11:58 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] he was a cutie as a baby. He still is!

Honesty
08-25-2013, 04:44 PM
He is so cute !!! I think I saw his kind when I went to my bird store . I was in love ! Nothing cuter than a puffed zon . I would get another Zon ,But I would be afraid to upset Tequila .Hes such a great guy [I wish I had him as a baby]. I think Zons are the whole parrot experience. Does Codie talk and sing?Thanks Terri :) Codie has become very talkative and has quite a varied vocabulary. He doesn't seem to like singing though:(

Honesty
08-25-2013, 04:45 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] he was a cutie as a baby. He still is!Thanks Deb:)

Honesty
08-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Those baby photos are so cute. He was a chubby little thing. So huggable looking.:th_hug8:

Miss Ruby Jewel has been that way too lately and she will hold her half wing up in the air away from me as if I had done something to it. I hadn't even touched it or gotten near it. To me it appears she is having 'flash backs' not unlike soldiers have after trauma in the field. I think in her mind the trauma of having her Dad bite her wing off is coming back & I am the one she perceives as doing it. When she does this she will make the ut uh macaw sound & bite at my arm if she is on it at the time it hits her. She just started this really often in the last month & nothing has changed about her routine, so it is puzzling. She will be 1 yr old next month. Maybe it is going to be a yearly anniversary of it happening occurrence with her.Thanks De'Andrea:)

Thats very strange with Miss Ruby Jewel. You could be right in saying she is having flashbacks. It must have been a very painful and traumatic experience for her :(

coltfire
08-25-2013, 10:27 PM
cant beat baby pics, thanks for sharing, he was such a beautiful baby and still is i must add.

Honesty
08-25-2013, 10:39 PM
cant beat baby pics, thanks for sharing, he was such a beautiful baby and still is i must add.Thanks Steve :)