PDA

View Full Version : New Here. Hello Everyone.

Avian Antics
08-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Hello, and thanks for the invite. I see some I already know. :)

My name is Shelly and I am located in SW Michigan on Lake Michigan, about 35 miles from the Indiana border and 90 miles from Chicago. I own/operate Avian Antics which includes 2 online stores. Avian Antics Parrot Boutique which alternates between a line of toys that we manufacture and wood, lots and lots of wood in a variety of sizes. I spend most of the Summer months cutting, drilling and dyeing wood which is shipped to customers for use as toy parts. In the cooler months, I make toys.

We also have a full service supply store, Avian Antics Bird Toys & Supply and we carry pretty much everything; toys, food, perches, carriers, and literally hundreds of accessories and supplies.

For more than 20 years I bred/raised parrots, macaws and cockatoos. In 2002 we shut down the breeding operation, I retired and began to channel my efforts toward parrot rescue and sanctuary.

I also breed, raise and show Doberman Pinschers. Married the love of my life in 2007 and between us we have 5 grown children, and 5 Grandchildren with number 6 on the way.

There you have it. Me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you.

Honesty
08-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Hello Shelly and :pp_welcome:Thank you for joining us.:)

We would love to see pics of your flock.

Avian Antics
08-24-2013, 10:31 AM
My Gang

Sara

Jazz

Stella and my Niece Nina

Wheeler

Lola

Blancaej
08-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Beautiful family Shelly! Welcome to the forum! We look forward to getting to know you!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Honesty
08-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Beautiful pics Shelly. :thanks4sharingthumb

Debra
08-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Welcome Shelly! What a beautiful flock (and dogs) you have! Can't wait to hear more about them and you.

Turquoise
08-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the flock here Shelly! :th_greet13: Your feathered kids are gorgeous and your Dobermans are awesome!! You'll have to post more photos of them all. :th_biggrin:

I will have to check you toy parts out. With having 3 macaws who can turn a toy into toothpicks in a matter of minutes, I make my own. :th_LOL:

Avian Antics
08-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. You will find more information and photos of my Dobermans at my website: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]), and also on my doggie FB page. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]). The store names in my signature link to the websites.

coltfire
08-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Welcome, to the forum what a beautiful looking flock you have there,look forward to getting to know you and your fids, do you ship your wood and toys world wide?

plax
08-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Greetings Shelly! Your flock members are beautiful and those Dobermans of yours are some serious dogs! ...but they are beautiful as well. Thanks so much for joining us :)

Avian Antics
08-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Welcome, to the forum what a beautiful looking flock you have there,look forward to getting to know you and your fids, do you ship your wood and toys world wide?

Thank you for the welcome. Indeed we do ship world wide. I have regular customers throughout Europe and Asia, a couple in Australia. As well as South America and India.

Avian Antics
08-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Greetings Shelly! Your flock members are beautiful and those Dobermans of yours are some serious dogs! ...but they are beautiful as well. Thanks so much for joining us :)

Thank you. I had to laugh, Wheeler and Lola are anything but serious. They are actually rather silly, somewhat goofy and big, loveable dopes. :th_biggrin:

plax
08-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Thank you. I had to laugh, Wheeler and Lola are anything but serious. They are actually rather silly, somewhat goofy and big, loveable dopes. :th_biggrin:Well that's nice to know. Their dispositions don't match their appearance ;)