PDA

View Full Version : Reptile feet!

Mare
08-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I swear Amigo's feet have always fascinated me, not in a weirdo way but a 'can't believe what I'm seeing', way. They are HUGE and covered in lizard skin, scales and all![Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I don't think even macaws have this big of a foot. Hawks do, though, hawks have even bigger feet.

Mare
08-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Here's another shot of Big Foot!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Honesty
08-23-2013, 06:55 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] they are lovely feet. They look just like Codie's tootsies LOL

Blancaej
08-23-2013, 07:02 PM
LOL! I think they have cool feet, too! Savannah may be a at least one shoe size bigger. She has some pretty big tootsies! ;)

Mare
08-23-2013, 07:48 PM
The better to hold you with, my dear! :th_hehe:

Honesty
08-23-2013, 07:52 PM
The better to hold you with, my dear! :th_hehe::ROFLMAODog:

Rescued
08-23-2013, 07:59 PM
He he, all we have to do is look at them as babies and see the dinosaur in them. :-)

PlaxMacaws
08-23-2013, 08:08 PM
LOL! I think they have cool feet, too! Savannah may be a at least one shoe size bigger. She has some pretty big tootsies! ;)Yes, Salsa has some pretty big ones as well. But Zaf's take the cake! They are humongous!

Honesty
08-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Here is a pic of Codie's foot for you Mare:)

Mare
08-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Wow, Wendy, Codie has big feet, :). Better manicured than Amigo's, though :)! He's ready for a trim, I tend to let them stay a bit long for hanging on the trees. He flew in right before this pic was taken, so he looks like he's been running barefoot in the desert!

They truly are descendants of the dinosaur, Elizabeth! All you have to do is look at them, if you've ever stood face to face with an emu, you would think you were in Jurassic Park! The only macaws I've been close enough to, in real life, were in the pet shop. Their feet must come in all sizes because the ones I've seen were kind of small, I noticed, compared to their body size.

Honesty
08-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Wow, Wendy, Codie has big feet, :). Better manicured than Amigo's, though :)! He's ready for a trim, I tend to let them stay a bit long for hanging on the trees. He flew in right before this pic was taken, so he looks like he's been running barefoot in the desert!Yes, he does have big feet:)
I have never had his nails trimmed. He has a sandy perch which keeps them like this:) If they ever need doing, I would have to take him to the vet. I would end up losing a finger for sure :th_shocking:

PlaxMacaws
08-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Here are some big Macaw feet for you:

They ain't small!

Blancaej
08-23-2013, 09:56 PM
The better to hold you with, my dear! :th_hehe:

LOL! Love it! :th_loltears:

Blancaej
08-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Wow! Those are some big honkin' feet Tony! I guess I will have to take some photos of my birdies feet to join in the photo fest. LOL! I'll see what I can do! :D

Mare
08-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Whoa! Those are way bigger feet than any macaw I've ever seen! He's a throwback to his ancestors, the dinos!

Honesty
08-23-2013, 10:35 PM
:th_wow:, Tony! I swear those feet are bigger than my hands :th_hehe:

PlaxMacaws
08-23-2013, 10:47 PM
:th_wow:, Tony! I swear those feet are bigger than my hands :th_hehe:Yeah, he's got the biggest parrot feet I've ever seen. One advantage though is he doesn't have much trouble hanging on to things :th_biggrin:

spiritbird
08-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Bird feet would make a great subject for our photo contest!

Mare
08-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Amigo is humbled..:). Thank God, size doesn't matter!