PDA

View Full Version : Codie enjoying his Flower:)

Honesty
08-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Here are a couple of pics of Codie enjoying his Hibiscus Flower. He has been waiting a long time for this to bloom and is savouring every last bit of it :th_hehe:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
08-21-2013, 07:30 PM
So nice to have your own food they love. How many can he have in one day? Guess if he was up in a wild tree he would know that.

Honesty
08-21-2013, 07:33 PM
So nice to have your own food they love. How many can he have in one day? Guess if he was up in a wild tree he would know that.At the moment, I am giving him 1 a day. The flowers do not last long on a Hibiscus Bush :(

coltfire
08-21-2013, 08:36 PM
its coming into spring here in 2 weeks and all the flowers are starting to come out, the lorries go wild this time of year, with all the bottle brush,even my birds love it.

Mare
08-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Codie def looks like he is loving his treat! :) I wonder if cactus blooms would be safe? I think I might try one of those out on the Sassy girl. Although, she'll eat anything. Maybe I'll try them out on the more discerning, Amigo. My birds love manzanita blooms and berries.

Tom B
08-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Aw, does he eat the whole thing? Which Maderia is that (1,2,3)? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Macawfancy
08-22-2013, 05:14 AM
What an awesome treat for your Codie. :)

Honesty
08-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Aw, does he eat the whole thing? Which Maderia is that (1,2,3)? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDYes, he eats every last piece of it :)

My Cage is the Montana Las Vegas 2. Its is not the Madeira.

Honesty
08-22-2013, 07:38 AM
What an awesome treat for your Codie. :)He loves these flowers as much as he loves his little sneakers Joyce :th_biggrin: I will have to order some more as he has now destroyed them all :(

Blancaej
08-23-2013, 01:08 AM
I love those photos. He definitely is enjoying those flowers! :D

Turquoise
08-25-2013, 08:30 AM
That is an adorable photo with Codie holding the flower as if it were his corsage for his date to the prom.:th_hug8:

Then I guess the photo where he has it half eaten is his revenge that his date stood him up. :th_LOL:

Mare, I would say cactus blooms would be fine to give your birds. The pads & fruits of the prickly pear where the seeds are can be fed to tortoises as well as the blooms. Barrel cacti is edible to animals. I have never read or heard of cactus being bad for critters, except maybe peyote cacti. :th_hehe:

Debra
08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
I swear he's got a grin on his face in that first picture!

Honesty
08-25-2013, 04:40 PM
That is an adorable photo with Codie holding the flower as if it were his corsage for his date to the prom.:th_hug8::th_heart::th_heart:

Honesty
08-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I swear he's got a grin on his face in that first picture!You could e right Deb. He has been waiting in anticipation for this to come into bloom :th_LOL: