PDA

View Full Version : How a hawk makes it through the forest of trees

Debra
08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
08-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Fascinating stuff. I love to watch Rafters, especially hawks and falcons. Appreciate you posting.

Honesty
08-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Thats amazing Debra :) :thanks4sharingthumb

Rescued
08-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Wow, doesn't slow her down a bit. They are such accomplished fliers. I would fall flat on my face! :-)

coltfire
08-21-2013, 02:52 PM
dont know how i missed this one the was fascinating :thanks4sharingthumb

Mare
08-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Scary AWESOME! Raptors are magnificent creatures! Built for speed, the chase, the kill and it is always at the back of my mind when I set Amigo loose. It would always haunt me, for the rest of my days, if because of how I let him live, I inadvertently allowed his death. It's definitely a conundrum, for me :(. We live one day at a time and to the fullest so knowing this, is all I have.

coltfire
08-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Mare , the way Amigo live's is free and with the extra , care and love from you, if something happened , what you would have is the fact that you gave him the best life he could have, but he will be fine, they are very smart birds.

Mare
08-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks, Steve, I needed that :). I do get insecure sometimes doing what I do with Amigo, especially when I see videos like this that remind me of what could happen. Amigo being the size and aggressive nature that he is, helps him to survive and you are correct in saying, these are very smart birds! Ok, insecurity attack over :)! Till next time!

Mayden
08-22-2013, 12:03 AM
I love love love birds of prey. Arn't they just so beautiful? Would love one myself if I didn't have to feed them 'meat'

Blancaej
08-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Very cool and majestic! Thanks for sharing!

Turquoise
09-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Debra, that is freakin' awesome!! I love how they slow the video down so we can see just how she looks while going through the hole.:th_biggrin:

It is just awesome how she never takes her eyes off her target no matter what shape or how small of an enclosure the guy puts up next. That 'determined to get my prey' look & attitude is what makes these birds so amazing!! And oh so graceful. :th_hug8: