PDA

View Full Version : what would you do

coltfire
08-20-2013, 01:54 PM
i was told today, that a worker at deb's work found a too, well it landed in his back yard, and when he called it,it flew down and landed on his shoulder, now its wing was clipped, but to my knowledge there has been no one looking for this bird, he intends on keeping it, now the thing is he was a parrot owner he took on his grandfathers rb2 when the time came, and with records the rb2 was 98 years old, it died only weeks ago, now has this bird come to him through the will of god,he believe's it is, should he advertise the bird (i know i would) or is he in the right to just keep it as no one is looking for it. WHAT WOULD YOU DO!!!!!!

ShellyBorg
08-20-2013, 04:14 PM
I would at least call local animal control and vets. If someone is not calling them to report a loss they do not need the "Too back.

spiritbird
08-20-2013, 05:48 PM
I would at least try to find the owner for a couple of weeks by making calls and putting up fliers. As you know Cockatoos are very bonded to their person.

tiffnmango
08-20-2013, 07:57 PM
I would definitely try and make every effort to find his original owner. I couldn't imagine if I was on the other end of that situation and someone just kept my bird without trying to find me!

coltfire
08-20-2013, 08:41 PM
thats how i feel and i have been looking for the owner but can not find any one looking for a too

Rescued
08-20-2013, 10:54 PM
I would say he is morally obligated to look for the owner, that being said I recently removed some dogs from a bad situation where the dogs were being neglected and needed immediate veterinary care without a single guilty feeling. I am sure this is not the case in this instance, keep looking. Perhaps the bird is lost, maybe somebody dumped it back into the wild, who knows, but if it were my bits I would be heartbroken.

Turquoise
08-21-2013, 06:56 AM
I would try to find the owner also. As it looks by your description of no one advertising they lost the bird, he could very well have been dumped & the owner has no intentions of answering the ads.

I can understand his feelings about it being sent to him through an act of god or whatever he believes. At least if he tries to find its owner & gets to keep the Too in the end, he can truly feel it was meant to be.

coltfire
08-21-2013, 02:35 PM
well time will tell, how about the age of the rb2 98

Blancaej
08-23-2013, 12:29 AM
I agree, a reasonable attempt needs to be made to find the owner. Still no luck?

Wow 98! That is incredible!