PDA

View Full Version : Birds in need of new homes

Turquoise
08-19-2013, 12:40 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

These birds are in Texas, not exactly sure where. I found the info on the Austin, TX Bird Club page on FB. I think they were posting for the Fort Worth Bird Club.

A local family must give up their beloved parrots due to a severe health condition. This is a very difficult and sad time for this family, and we are trying to help them connect with people who may be able to give their birds a home. The owners want these birds to go to homes with people who have some bird experience and know what they are getting into with each of these species. All three of the birds are in excellent feather and have nice personalities. They will require a little time to adjust to a new home but should do so without any trouble with a little time and patience. They can go together or each to separate homes. They are not bonded to each other, just their human flock. Following is a description of each.

Oscar
Meyer’s parrot, estimated about 15 years old, unknown sex. Friendly and enjoys people. Says several phrases.

Gizmo
Yellow-nape Amazon, 13 years old, male. A little cautious of new people but friendly and enjoys human interaction. Does say several phrases once he is comfortable with the people around him. Active and playful, not your typical Amazon perch potato.

Frodo
Red-lored Amazon, 13 years old, male. Very playful and quite serious about killing his favorite wiffle ball toy. DO Not get between Frodo and the Evil Wiffle! Friendly and enjoys head scritches.

The owners do want a re-homing fee for each and they will come with their nice cages, toys, etc.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

1. Name
2. Number of people in household (including children)
3. Other pets in household
4. Bird experience
5. Why you are interested in the bird
6. Why you should be considered for the bird’s new home
7. Email Address
8. Phone number

Once the information has been reviewed, the owners will contact those individuals they would like to visit with further. Others will receive a note back letting them know they are not being considered.

Please feel free to pass this on to others who might be potential homes for these birds.

Debra
08-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Oh, I hope they find good homes. If I had the room, I'd try to rehome one of them.

spiritbird
08-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Good for you trying to help out by posting here. Meyers are my all time favorite bird but I am in no position to take in a bird. Praying for a nice soft landing in wonderful homes for each bird. It has to be heartbreaking for the family.

Honesty
08-19-2013, 08:50 PM
I hope they find a good home. Thanks for posting this De'Andrea :)