PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting a short story..

Mare
08-18-2013, 05:16 PM
This is a warning...It will be called "Life with Mi Amigo...a free flying cockatoo". The adventures, the headaches and heartaches, the good and the bad from all angles. I'm pretty excited about this and my niece, who just graduated with her English major, is going to help me. God knows, I need the help with my English! Anyways, I'm warning you that you will be hearing more about this, even if you don't want to, in the future. :)

plax
08-18-2013, 05:22 PM
That's very cool, Mare! And btw, I think your English is wonderful :)

Blancaej
08-18-2013, 05:53 PM
We love hearing about Amigo! How exciting!! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mare
08-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Thanks, Tony and Blanca! I know we have a good story, different for sure. I think with my niece's help it could turn into something. :)

spiritbird
08-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Can't wait to read it!

Honesty
08-18-2013, 07:03 PM
I am so pleased you have decided to do this Mare :D

I cant wait to read it !

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

Debra
08-18-2013, 07:39 PM
I, also, can't wait to read it!

josiesmom
08-18-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm rooting for you...how can it be bad if it is about amigo? You will rock it!

Mare
08-18-2013, 08:43 PM
I got to thinking after people were contacting me about my stories on the forums and wanting to use them in something they were writing, that maybe "our" story might be worth reading. So, I've been collecting memories and thoughts in my notepad to see where it leads me :).

coltfire
08-18-2013, 10:46 PM
sounds like you may end up with a best seller, cant wait to start reading .way to go Mare:th_yah:

Turquoise
08-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Awesome Mare!! What a great story line & subject matter you have to work with!:th_hug8: And when it becomes a 'Best Seller' I will be proud to prance around the bookstore telling everyone, "I know the author!" "We are pals!" :th_LOL:

Maybe you can start a thread we can make into a sticky just for your excerpts for the book as it progresses. A little preview just to give us something to salivate over before the book is finished & ready for publication. :th_biggrin:

Mare
08-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Best Seller? No way, a fun read, maybe! I'm still in the gathering stage. I've been going through material I've written about him and collecting the ones most memorable, to me. When I just sit and think back on our life with him, there are so many things that stand out, not all good! My husband and children would also like to add their views on different situations that we have gone through with Amigo, so this is where 'all angles' comes in! Thanks, De', I'll let you know when I have something worth sharing :).