PDA

View Full Version : ~~Things I Never Knew About the Cassowary Bird~~

Turquoise
08-17-2013, 07:00 AM
I can't remember reading about the Cassowary bird before I found this. Interesting, but I think I shall pass on wanting to keep one for a pet! :th_LOL:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blancaej
08-17-2013, 11:26 AM
That is quite the bird! :eek:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Debra
08-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Wow!

Mare
08-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Just when I thought our emu's were the weirdest, scariest birds! Yikes! Emu's are like cockatiels while the Cassowary would be a man eating U2!!

Rescued
08-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Yeah, think I'll skip it. Beautiful creatures but not my kind of pet they are better off living in their own habitat, preferably ( for both parties) far away from humans.

spiritbird
08-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Never heard of this bird before but I sure would not want to meet up with it.

Honesty
08-17-2013, 07:04 PM
No Cassawary for me either . LOL

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

gemini_84
08-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Its funny to see this post. My partner and i went on a road trip to visit a friend in ingham (about 4hrs north of home) on the wekend. On sunday we decided to go site seeing and go check out wallaman falls (beautiful btw). On the drive up the mountain through the rain forest there was a warning/ road sign i had. Never seen. It was a cassowary ahead sign, it even stated to stay in car and do not feed. I really wanted to see one, i think they are beautiful, but i knew how dangerous they are before reading this. Maybe next time. When i can get on my pc ill post pics of the falls (Im changing net provider so could be a couple weeks)

Turquoise
08-20-2013, 04:25 AM
That is very coincidental you seeing a sign and then reading this on here. Funny how sometimes you see soimething you haven't thought of in a long time & then it seems your seeing or hearing about it all over.:th_LOL:

I'd love to see your photos of the falls. Water Falls are my most favorite water ways. I could sit & stare at a beautiful fall for hours. Of course we don't have any close to me. The most gorgeous falls I have ever seen in person were in Oregon on the way to Portland on Interstate highway 84. It also follows the Columbian River. Wyoming has some beautiful falls in the Yellowstone area, but I have only been through West Yellowstone.

Will be on the lookout for your thread with the falls.:th_biggrin: