PDA

View Full Version : Palm Cockatoo drumming.

Turquoise
08-17-2013, 03:51 AM
This is amazing to watch how the Palm Cockatoo uses a stick to beat it to appease his mate with a nest hole in a tree. Not to mention they are super gorgeous birds!!:th_heart:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mare
08-17-2013, 05:28 AM
I've seen this before and am always amazed! When Amigo, not a Palm Cockatoo obviously, started to build his hole in the oak tree, I knew he was hoping to attract a mate. He spent hours and hours, days upon days working on this hole. I felt so sorry for him when he started to cruise around calling for another bird to come check out his nest :(. No one came but me and he's finally settled on me, my poor bubbers.

Turquoise
08-17-2013, 06:34 AM
Well Mare, did he make the nest hole large enough for you to get in & try it out? :th_LOL:

I'm sure that was a very big letdown for poor Amigo. Wonder what he would have done if he'd attracted a woodpecker female or some other nest hole dwelling bird? Good thing he had you to sooth him.:th_hug8:

Blancaej
08-17-2013, 11:30 AM
That was very cool! Beautful birds!!

Poor Amigo. :( Thank goodness he has you!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Debra
08-17-2013, 12:38 PM
That was so interesting! Such smart birds. Beautiful too.

Poor Amigo.

Mare
08-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Well, De', I know for a fact, that I could never haul my big butt up that tree to even check to see if it would fit!
The Palm Cockatoo IS a gorgeous bird, isn't it? It always amazes me how such big birds can crawl into those 'not so big' holes and not come out having their feathers a mess! Amigo backs into his hole if he's going down for a nap, otherwise, it's head first, that would be while he's fine tuning his interior walls.