PDA

View Full Version : Linnie Pics Are Here!!

Blancaej
08-16-2013, 09:14 PM
My breeder sent baby linnie pics to me today! She believes the male may be cobalt and the female is lutino or creamino! Very cute pics!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

The second photos is my fav! I really want to adopt both, but I'm not sure if that will go over well with my husband. :th_shakehead:

She may not have a buyer for the second one. She is going to keep me posted. If it is available, I may consider it. We'll see. I believe they are about a month old.

spiritbird
08-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Oh me oh my are they just the cutest chicks you have even seen. I am ready for the second one but will she ship?u re?
There is a post on AA about the good the bad and the ugly of Linnies. Have you read it?

Blancaej
08-16-2013, 09:33 PM
I don't know if she will ship. If she doesn't have a buyer and I don't end up adopting it, I will certainly let you know! :)

No I haven't seen that. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the info!

Carefree Birdee
08-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Adorable babies! :love_heart:

I have Linnies at the top of my most wanted birds list. And a Cobalt is my first choice in coloring. I am so envious!

I will have to read that AA article about Linnies. Maybe it will help me make up my mind one way or another.

coltfire
08-16-2013, 10:04 PM
So cute well that is one bird i have not heard of before , just googled them, they seem to be a very nice bird, with great temp, will be looking forward to there updated pics,:thanks4sharingthumb

Debra
08-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Oh they are so cute!

Honesty
08-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Wow! They are just sooooo cute Blanca:)

JadeC
08-16-2013, 11:45 PM
I bet your daughter is getting super excited!!!!!! They are adorable

Pinkbirdy
08-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Blanca ,Tell your husband its ok to get both [TOO CUTE}.Average bird owners have 12 birds [LOL] HE HE :)

Blancaej
08-17-2013, 01:46 AM
Adorable babies! :love_heart:

I have Linnies at the top of my most wanted birds list. And a Cobalt is my first choice in coloring. I am so envious!

I will have to read that AA article about Linnies. Maybe it will help me make up my mind one way or another.

The pictures she took are great, aren't they? I'm not sure which my daughter will choose if we only get one. The article was very informative. Started to make me question if a Linnie is right for us. But I think with all breeds there is good and bad. I found more feedback from some Linnie owners and they absolutely love there Linnie birds. So I think it will work out. If anything, the article has at least helped me understand some cons so I can work on any behaviors issues before they get out of hand!

So cute well that is one bird i have not heard of before , just googled them, they seem to be a very nice bird, with great temp, will be looking forward to there updated pics,:thanks4sharingthumb

I had never heard of them before either Steve. It was suggested as a good bird choice for my 7 yr old daughter by a few people of PF. I actually had decided on a Tiel and was lucky enough to find a breeder here in Vermont. We don't have a lot of bird breeders in our state. The breeder informed me she also bred linnies! I was excited and had read a lot of great things about them. So we decided to go with a Linnie. My daughter is very excited!

Oh they are so cute!

Who says birdie babies are ugly! :th_biggrin:

Wow! They are just sooooo cute Blanca:)

I know, I would love to bring both of them home! :th_biggrin:

I bet your daughter is getting super excited!!!!!! They are adorable

She is Jade! She loved seeing the pics today!

Blanca ,Tell your husband its ok to get both [TOO CUTE}.Average bird owners have 12 birds [LOL] HE HE :)

:th_LOL: That might freak him out! But it's a good point. At least I would only have 5, right?! :th_biggrin:

Turquoise
08-17-2013, 04:05 AM
Those are super cuties Blanca!!:th_hug8: I would have to get both if it were me. It would be just too hard to choose between the two. Both are adorable! :th_biggrin:

It's a good thing (for his sake) my hubby is too afraid to tell me 'NO'. LOL

ShellyBorg
08-17-2013, 04:44 AM
Can't wait to see them as they grow up!

Debra
08-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Linnie's are small birds. Tell your hubby that it takes two to equal to one bigger bird. lol

coltfire
08-17-2013, 02:17 PM
yes that would be right 5 ...................for now, so if the average bird owner has 12 that must mean im above average, 4 eckkies, 2 lorries, 4 teils, 28 keets, 3 eckkies to hatch in weeks, 16 keets to hatch over two weeks,6 teils to hatch, in 3 weeks, buying 2 more teils next week so as you can see ill have a full time job feeding babies , with lots of pics and video's

Blancaej
08-17-2013, 04:27 PM
LOL! You guys are enablers! :th_naughty:

But I appreciate all the suggestions, I will let you know how things turn out! ;)

Can't wait to see more pics and video of your birds Steve! Your are in birdie heaven, inside and outside! :)

headfeathermistress
08-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Awww they are so sweet:th_heart:

Blancaej
08-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Well, I did it. I told my hubby that if both babies are available, I'm going to adopt both because the research I've done says they do better in pairs.

He didn't even flinch! Yay! :D:D

Keep your fingers crossed they are both available! I'm going to email the breeder so she knows for sure now we want both! Hopefully she won't here back from the other possible buyer!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
08-18-2013, 01:53 AM
Yay Blanca!!!:th_yah: And I bet you used your 'Big girl' voice when you told him! :th_biggrin:

I have all my bird's toes, legs, feet, & wings crossed that the other buyers don't want YOUR Fabie!!! :th_hug8:

Blancaej
08-18-2013, 02:17 AM
Yes I did! Lol! I emailed her tonight. No word from the other parties, she said I may get my wish! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Pinkbirdy
08-18-2013, 01:23 PM
yes that would be right 5 ...................for now, so if the average bird owner has 12 that must mean im above average, 4 eckkies, 2 lorries, 4 teils, 28 keets, 3 eckkies to hatch in weeks, 16 keets to hatch over two weeks,6 teils to hatch, in 3 weeks, buying 2 more teils next week so as you can see ill have a full time job feeding babies , with lots of pics and video's Steve your my Hero !! :)