PDA

View Full Version : New to *this* forum

Wulfgeist
08-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Greets all,

Another new forum for me, thanks for the invite. Sorry it took me so long to find it. Hah.

About myself..I live in Northern Virginia and am minion to 4 cats and..one bird, a Green Cheek Conure named Tico who is 6? I think. For the last near year and half I also shared my life with a male Congo Grey named Jasper. Jasper unfortunately left me on Tuesday. I'll save that sorry tale for a different thread.

The critters take up alot of my time in providing for them when I'm not working but when I do have some spare time on my hands I like to read and try a little writing. I attempt some crafty things now and then and my other great love is MMO's. I have played Everquest since February of 2000 and then switched to EQ2 when it was released. I maintain active subs on both games, two accounts. Recently I did the unthinkable and started playing...WoW...ugh..I only did it because my landlords and all their friends play. My EQ2 peeps disappeared and I wanted something different to do. I do not like the cartoonyness of the game.

Tico as I said is I think 6, will be 7 in Dec I think. My four cats are Oliver (5), Charlie (3), Ethan (2), and Crowley (1). Jasper would have turned two this coming December 1. :th_crycry:

mrgoogls
08-16-2013, 01:33 AM
hi and welcome! there are a ton of great people here! what other forums were you apart of? cant wait to see some pictures of tico!

Debra
08-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Welcome to the forum RJ. It's good to have you here. Can't wait to learn more about Tico, Oliver, Charlie, Ethan, and Crowley. We love pics around here!

Wulfgeist
08-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I joined Parrot Forums when I got Jasper and then Grey Forums..those were the main two I frequented. Tico is your average conure clown and keeps peering over to the empty cage across the way. I'm not sure if he is puzzled about the disappearance of his housemate or relieved the big hungry looking vulture is gone.

mrgoogls
08-16-2013, 01:44 AM
haha. im sure tico has mixed feeling on his friend leaving. and im sure it sucks for you. again, welcome!

Mare
08-16-2013, 03:19 AM
Hi RJ, Welcome! We look forward to getting to know you and your family of pets!

plax
08-16-2013, 04:52 AM
Hi RJ... welcome to our community. I'm truly saddened about Jasper :(. It's so nice that you and Tico have joined us!

Honesty
08-16-2013, 05:59 AM
Hello RJ and :pp_welcome:Its lovely to see you here:)

Sorry to hear that Jasper is no longer with you, but look forward to seeing lots of pics of Tico.

kendrafitz
08-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi and welcome!!!!

spiritbird
08-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi RJ. Good to see you here on our wonderful forum. I remember you from the PF. I know you have an empty space in your heart for Jasper. I no longer have my TAG Rosie. Anyway we move forward and give the birds we have all of our love and care. Again, nice to have you here.

Turquoise
08-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the flock RJ. Very glad you have joined us here.:th_biggrin:

Very sorry about Jasper. It is so hard to lose one, they are in your heart & thoughts all the time.:th_hug8:

Blancaej
08-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum RJ! Can't wait to learn more about Tico! And I'm so sorry for your loss of Jasper. :(

Pinkbirdy
08-29-2013, 01:36 AM
Wulfgeist ,my guy used to play Everquest also. Now he plays Rift and Defiance [hes Goartox]