PDA

View Full Version : Raccoons visited last night

Debra
08-15-2013, 02:31 PM
We suspect it was raccoons that vandalized our bird feeders. One was tilted and coming apart spilling seed while one other was completely on the ground with the lid off. That one is my heaviest and the lid screws onto it! This is the second time they've gotten into the feeders but its also the worst. How do I stop them from raiding my feeders? Ugh! I go through 50 pounds of seed every 3 to 4 weeks plus I feed the squirrels corn. Now I need to figure a way to keep the coons away. Ugh!

ShellyBorg
08-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Take the feeders down at night and bring them in. My mom has to do this. If there are be feeders only fill them part way to help with the weight.

Tom B
08-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Lucky, I wish racoons came into our garden ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Honesty
08-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Oh, thats not good Deb:(

Mare
08-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Shelly's got a good idea there. Once those raccoons discover a place where they can always find food, they start bringing their buddy around and then all of a sudden, here come their kids! We've had issues with them for years. We use to keep our outdoor cat feeders full and those raccoons can eat almost a whole 20lb. bag in one night! They've also been known to attack cats. There were times when we had to trap them and move them away.

Good luck with that one Debra! You really don't want them thinking they can find goodies when they want!
Oh! They only come in at night!

spiritbird
08-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Nature has a way of finding us - raccoons for you and baby snakes for me.

Debra
08-15-2013, 09:43 PM
You're so right Dianne!