PDA

View Full Version : The Best Movies Thread

ConureGuy
08-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Figured we haven't got a thread on this yet and i must say i love my movies anything from action to horror even abit of romance we all love to get lost in the fantasy world of movies so why not share the ones we love the most.

So feel free to post clips of your favorite movies here and give them a rating from 0/0 to 10/10 they can be old movies from years ago or today's blockbusters that are sweeping the cinemas it really doesn't matter i'll start this off. :)

One of my favorite horrors from 1996 is eric red's bad moon i give it a clean 10/10

Bad Moon Trailer

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

And the 2 latest one's i watched tonight that i thought were amazing are jeff wadlow's kickass 2 which get's 10/10 and james wan's the conjuring which is an easy 10/10 aswell.

Kickass 2 Trailer

The Conjuring Trailer

Pinkbirdy
08-15-2013, 02:00 AM
I just saw Wolverine [that was good] .Maybe seeing Paranoia this weekend. Rented Identity Theft [SO FUNNY } Check that one out. Favorite movie in the world -English Patient [girl movie of course] :)

ConureGuy
08-15-2013, 02:19 AM
I'll be sure to give it a watch. :)

Honesty
08-15-2013, 08:22 AM
I cant give either of those films a rating :( I dont like horror films.

My favourite 3 films are.....

Ghost

The Green Mile

Dirty Dancing :)

ConureGuy
08-15-2013, 11:37 AM
LOL only one i have seen of those three is ghost was a good movie aswell.

Maddy
08-15-2013, 04:45 PM
My favorite movies are the Avengers (10/10), Thor (10/10), Captain America (10/10), Iron Man 1, 2, and 3 (all of them 10/10), and The Incredible Hulk (10/10). I could watch all of those over and over again and never get tired of them! Okay, so I'm a Marvel nerd. :th_LOL:

And I can't wait for Thor 2 oh my gosh it looks so amazing and there's so much Loki! :th_biggrin: I can tell it's going to 10000000000 out of ten. XD

coltfire
08-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Wendy im like you i dont like horror ,as for your 3 in order 10/10, 15/10, 7/ 10.. Maddy your movies i rate 9/10 marvel can always get better my 3 would be Green mile, and any with Jason Statham in them

ConureGuy
08-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Can't beat the expendables 1 and 2 all my movie icons in 2 explosive movies as for Jason Statham the best movies he has done is death race, parker, crank 1 and 2 and not forgetting all 3 of the transporter movies which were epic :) and i do like some marvel movies i.e spiderman and a few others but i'm not crazy about them.

Blancaej
08-16-2013, 08:54 PM
I used to be more of a horror movie fan before I met my hubby. He doesn't like them so much so I don't watch them much anymore. :(

But I have lots of favs! Too many to name! LOL!

spiritbird
08-16-2013, 09:45 PM
I have always liked Tom Cruise and any of his movies. Shows my age but give me a Robert Redford movie and I am happy. Fav. is Out of Africa! He has a new one coming out I May that sounds so interesting. Very little dialog.

ConureGuy
08-16-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm just waiting for september to come around i so want to see the curse of chucky the last 3 were just epic how many people can come up with a movie idea involving a killer doll and turn it into a phenomenon.

Turquoise
08-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Well now, I was thinking about starting a thread on this. Thanks for getting it done for me Paul. :th_biggrin:

My movie choices will not be popular ones that very many of you will know or care to watch. I tend to not go with the features everyone is rushing out to the theater to watch and I much prefer to buy the DVDs & enjoy them many times over in the comforts of my home.

This first one was actually a 'made for t.v.' movie that played for a week I think. It is very long, but I love it & have to watch it at least once a year. That would be~~Into the West with many actors.

The 2nd choice would be~~Thunderheart with Val Kilmer and Graham Greene

And my 3rd would be~~DreamKeeper with August Schellenberg and Eddie Spears which was another 'made for t.v. movie. A very symbolic movie about the keeping of the stories of the Native Americans and the keepers of those stories.

Into the West

Thunderheart

DreamKeeper

spiritbird
08-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Thunderheart was an excellent movie I agree.

ConureGuy
08-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah into the west was one i enjoyed i grew up with these types of movies then when i got to the age of 7 my uncle made me sit and watch the exorcist which scared the life out of me but i got a kick out of it aswell so horrors were my new thing where as all the other kids were watching pokemon etc i was sat watching the likes of psycho. a nightmare on elm street and all that stuff. :th_LOL:

Turquoise
08-18-2013, 02:38 AM
That impresses me Paul that you would like a movie like Into The West. You just don't strike me as a western style movie enthusiast. :th_biggrin:

I love the kind of movies that follow the history of the making of a new country, even on other continents. Native American movies rate at the top of my list as long as they are the newer more realistic well produced ones. Some of the ones I grew up watching are so silly to see nowadays.

My other movie loves are of course most animal ones, some comedies, some action, SiFi, but my least favorite is horror mostly because they bore me. They don't scare me as I don't believe Zombies are coming to get me, I just find the storyline totally boring. My Mom & sister loved 'The Living dead' & 'Night of the Living Dead'. My Mom would get mad at me when I was laughing at how utterly ridiculous the acting was in them when she was watching. :th_LOL: 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' didn't phase me as scary either! :th_loltears:

ConureGuy
08-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Don't let looks fool you dee i'm a huge fan of movie legend john wayne and country western singing legend johnny cash. :th_biggrin: