PDA

View Full Version : How many Eggs

coltfire
08-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Just wanting to know, with any one that is breeding Eckkies , what is the most eggs, you have ever got, for the second time in 8 years of them breeding i got 3 eggs in this clutch, i only know of one breeder that has got 4 eggs in a clutch and only 3 of them hatched. im going to have to pull one of the chicks well the last to hatch on day one or two depending how she copes, last time it was day 3 that the weight was not going up so i know what im in for in a few weeks, but ready and willing , once again (big sigh) after 9 kids you think i would be over the all night feeds, some people just never learn, the only good thing about it , is the fact i dont sleep so i'm up any way, then at week 6 the other two will be pulled for hand raising, and just about then ill have the teils to feed, and any budgies that may need hand raising depending if i get asked for hand raised budgies. boy i glad i LOVE MY BIRDS so much. but then if i didnt i would not have them, but im going to have to stop buying more................ well soon........ (no comment Amanda LOL)........:th_hehe:

Blancaej
08-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Not sure if anyone else here breeds Eckkies. Hope you find your answer!

Turquoise
08-17-2013, 08:49 AM
I agree with Blanca. I think you are the only Ekkie breeder we have so far Steve. I don't have any idea either. I do know that both times my breeder of Leyla Belle had eggs from the same pair when I decided to get one last year, it was 2. One male & one female babies. This year's hatchings gave her 2 again, 1 male & 1 female.

coltfire
08-17-2013, 08:39 PM
two is the normal amount they lay, any more is a bonus