PDA

View Full Version : Parakeet kisses

spiritbird
08-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Chipper and Gypsy were being super affectionate with each other today.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

coltfire
08-14-2013, 10:22 PM
so cute, they may need a room soon they keep that up lol

Pinkbirdy
08-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Too cute !!!

Honesty
08-15-2013, 11:02 AM
That is soooo cute Dianne:)

Tom B
08-15-2013, 03:12 PM
aww,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Carefree Birdee
08-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Dianne……I really enjoyed your video. I have had parakeets throughout my life and I have always loved their chattering. That is what I find so endearing about them. They are such busy little birds aren't they!

I remember one parakeet I had years ago would chatter to his image in the mirror and regurgitate a pyramid shaped pile of seeds to share with his friend......ewww! :disgust:

coltfire
08-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Carrie its funny you say that ive been staying at a friends house over the last few weeks and his budgie does the exact same thing, chatters off his head to his mate in the mirror and just keeps trying to feed his friend in the mirror , my friends were horrified when i told them what he was doing , they always wondered why the mirror was so dirty all the time, i suggested they get a friend for there budgie , which i was told he had one till the wind blew the cage over.

spiritbird
08-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Now that Chipper is tame I do have a mirror in his cage which he is inside mostly overnight now. He sits by the mirror and talk up a storm He is such a good talker. He is now imitating my whistles and the eh choo sound of my sneezes. It is so so cute. It is a shame that EB life span is so short at about 8 years. They are not a natural species from wild and have been in-bred for a long time thus cutting down on the number of years they live.

Carefree Birdee
08-15-2013, 09:54 PM
It is a shame that EB life span is so short at about 8 years. They are not a natural species from wild and have been in-bred for a long time thus cutting down on the number of years they live.

I didn't realize that the English Budgies had such a short life span. Much like many species of finches who's life span ranges generally 5 to 8 years.

Debra
08-15-2013, 10:32 PM
My 2 American budgies are 11 years old each so I expect to see one or the other has passed over the bridge just any day now. They seem to be healthy though, even if Fodien is fat and can hardly fly.

Not sure how old my English budgies are, but I've had them for at least 6 years.

spiritbird
08-15-2013, 10:49 PM
American Parakeets live longer than EB. They can live up to 15 I read. What ever the lifespan I say love your birds as much as you can and more while you have them.

Blancaej
08-16-2013, 08:33 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] sweet! You have beautiful little budgies!

Turquoise
08-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Budgie Love~~Nothing better!~~:th_heart: Very sweet video.:th_hug8:

Wulfgeist
08-19-2013, 11:31 PM
They are so cute..Gypsy is very beautiful.

spiritbird
08-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks everyone. Gypsy looks like a little rainbow. Yesterday Chipper said "I love you Gypsy" just like he knew what that means. He is a really good talker and now mimics sounds like meow and whistles too.