PDA

View Full Version : Is This Cage Too Big For One Linnie

Blancaej
08-14-2013, 02:17 AM
We are adopting a Linnie parakeet for my daughter next month as some of you may know and I was looking at some cages. I know it is recommended they have at least 20x20 for space with 1/2 bar spacing. I found this cage and at great price but wasn't sure if it is too big for just one Linnie. I don't want it to feel lost. Any feedback would be appreciated!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

mrgoogls
08-14-2013, 02:20 AM
I think it would be fine. aside from bar spacing, I don't think a cage can be to big. think of wild parrots, the fly MILES per day. I don't think they would get lost in a cage :) I have a 32.20 in cage for cooper and he is just one quaker.

Blancaej
08-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks Kenny! I was thinking the bird would love all the room but wanted to make sure I wasn't going overboard! I think it will be ideal and I'm glad you agree! :)

ShellyBorg
08-14-2013, 04:02 AM
I like this cage. You can always get a smaller one for trips and a baby cage.

Blancaej
08-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Good idea! We have a smaller one we will use the first month. We are going to keep him/her in my daughter's room for a quarentine period. We may have it sleep in her room then use the big cage during the day after that. We'll have to see what the bird liked best.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
08-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Looks fine to me too. I could not find the bar spacing specs. Love Amazon prices!!

Rescued
08-14-2013, 04:21 PM
I think overall the bigger the better as long as the spacing is good. You can even set up stations around the cage to keep her moving ad interested. A foraging area, a destruction zone, sleep station, feeding area, ect. This will give her a bit more of a normal life for a bird in the wild. They have very specific places for their activities.

Blancaej
08-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks Dianne. It was 1/2" for the bar spacing, so I think this may be the perfect cage! Love love love your new siggy by the way! :D

Elizabeth - Those are all great tips! Thank you!

Mare
08-16-2013, 07:21 PM
The cage looks great, no cage too large, that's my thought, also. I like Elizabeth's suggestions on play stations. Are you thinking of adding to your Linnie population at some time? If so, you will be set!

Blancaej
08-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks Mare! I like the play station areas, too! We will probably add another at some point. I just got pics and they are so cute. I will be sharing later! :th_biggrin:

Turquoise
08-17-2013, 10:21 AM
That cage looks almost like the one I picked up for Peta, my GCC the day I brought her home. The cage that came with her was way too small in my opinion, so on the way home we stopped by the pet shop & got her a brand new home. She loves all the space, but she never uses the bottom half and I have threatened her that I was going to half it & put a turquoise GCC under her. :th_LOL:

I have a natural tree limb with small branches angled from close to the bottom to the top part for her to climb anywhere she pleases in it. I then got a couple of those small bird play ground type perch things with ladders & a swing that I keep on the top for her to play on when she is out.:th_biggrin:

Blancaej
08-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Nice! Thank you for the suggestions De! Sounds like you have a good set up!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Blancaej
08-23-2013, 12:56 AM
I ordered the cage and got it yesterday! Now I just have to put it together. Of joy! LOL!