PDA

View Full Version : do many of your Macaws whistle much?

PlaxMacaws
08-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Salsa is the only Macaw I have who whistles. Do any of your Macaws whistle much at all?

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blancaej
08-14-2013, 02:19 AM
Not a peep from Savannah when it comes to whistling!

Pinkbirdy
08-14-2013, 02:26 AM
No whistling with Harlow [just from my Hawkhead and caiques ];) Harlow does laugh though ,do any of yours ?

plax
08-14-2013, 02:54 AM
No whistling with Harlow [just from my Hawkhead and caiques ];) Harlow does laugh though ,do any of yours ?Yep. Salsa laughs like a fool. I haven't been able to catch it on video yet though :(. I'll keep trying.

Oh, and I almost forgot... Zaf laughs, too. He'll laugh in a fiendish tone after he snatches something from my hand that he's not supposed to have.

kendrafitz
08-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Rosie doesn't whistle, but I can't whistle, so maybe that's why?

She does laugh, she usually joins in when we laugh. My family is pretty goofy, always joking/teasing so we laugh a lot. It always cracks me up when we have company over and she laughs. It is almost always a look of shock/amazement from the person and then, "Did your bird just laugh???" ;)

Honesty
08-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I dont have a Macaw (yet)!! One day though :) but Codie wolf whistles alot and he also giggles like a small child.

jacksmom
08-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Aw, yes, if you can't whistle your bird probably won't - but no worries, just invite a friend to whistle at him. This may cause him to whistle only when he sees your friend, though, lol!

That's about all Jack is good at! He is still pretty young, just four years old - probably about to turn five. It is unmistakable, though - you can say the same word at him a million times, but it is the whistles he picks up. Also local bird calls - at about ten times the volume, lol!

Everyone's favorite is the wolf whistle. You know, like the cartoon wolf who always pants after the cartoon lady? ;) He has it down perfect, and even started adding two of the first note to make something different by himself. I often ask him if he is a sexy bird when he does it...hoping that one day he will start following up the whistle with asking people if they are sexy birds, lmao!!!

Besides that, all he can really do is mutter "whassup". Paris will whistle, talk, laugh, evil laugh, all of the above. She is ten, though, she has had a lot more time to learn. ;)

coltfire
08-15-2013, 04:55 PM
my eckkies whistle, wolf wistle calling the dog whistle and a few other, as for laughing maxx , lexxy and aggy all laugh, lexx being the worse as she will laugh at you not with you and its the laugh that is at the beginning of one of my songs i have up on PP

Pinkbirdy
08-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Rosie doesn't whistle, but I can't whistle, so maybe that's why?

She does laugh, she usually joins in when we laugh. My family is pretty goofy, always joking/teasing so we laugh a lot. It always cracks me up when we have company over and she laughs. It is almost always a look of shock/amazement from the person and then, "Did your bird just laugh???" ;) Ive had people over [and they ask] "Why is your bird laughing at me ?" LOL:)