PDA

View Full Version : New here!

Tom B
08-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone, im new to this forum and will be getting my first ever bird in September :)

Honesty
08-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Hello Tom and :pp_welcome:Thank you for joining us :)

What kind of Bird are you getting?

Debra
08-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the forum, Tom! It's good to have you here. What kind of bird are you getting? I'm sure it will be a long month waiting on it's arrival. We'll be here to help pass the time though!

plax
08-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Welcome Tom! Thanks for joining our community :)

Tom B
08-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi thanks for the welcome, im getting a Cockatiel (hopefully male). I have been in contact with a breeder for the past few weeks and on the 3rd two tiels hatched :) now im just waiting for them to wean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Honesty
08-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi thanks for the welcome, im getting a Cockatiel (hopefully male). I have been in contact with a breeder for the past few weeks and on the 3rd two tiels hatched :) now im just waiting for them to wean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDCockatiels are lovely Birds. You must be very excited :) Have you thought of any Names yet?

Tom B
08-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Ive been thinking of names constantly for about a month ;) I really like "Zeus" if it is a male and not sure if it is a female. I really like names from plants or gods :)

Honesty
08-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Ive been thinking of names constantly for about a month ;) I really like "Zeus" if it is a male and not sure if it is a female. I really like names from plants or gods :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDI love the name "Zeus" Thats very unusual :) We will have to put our thinking caps on for Girls Names.

Debra
08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Another tiel on the forum! How exciting! I have 6 so I understand your love for them.

Tom B
08-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Ok, ill keep thinking of girl tiel names and see what i come up with. I have to go bye!

ShellyBorg
08-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the group!

Blancaej
08-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Welcome! How exciting! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
08-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Hello and a warm welcome to you from our forum members. Never had a cockatiel but I do know they are sweet and reactive to humans in a good way. A name will come to you, most likely after you have the bird. There are lots of members here to help you if you have any questions or concerns.

Mare
08-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi Tom! Welcome! Cockatiels are pretty cool! I've been thinking of Goddess names and "Isis" comes to mind, I believe the meaning is goddess of "life and magic". Just a thought and I wish you much happiness with your new one!

coltfire
08-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Welcome tom, glad to have another teil own on board, and i can see you are going to have a long month ahead, the waiting game is never nice, i have 4 teils my self, which is about to increase as they are sitting on eggs now, well i hope you enjoy your self as much as the rest of us do, any question you may have, dont be shy to ask , we are all here to help each other out.

Tom B
08-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, in the car today i thought maybe "Ica" (its the name of a town in Peru where we left today) :) I really like Isis too! :)

mrgoogls
08-14-2013, 01:15 AM
welcome to the forum! I know how you feel with waiting. last year about this time I bought cooper. I didn't get to take him home until mid October! longest two months ever. its worth it though! I bet you cant wait!

jules
08-14-2013, 08:12 PM
i'd just like to say hello tom and welcome. congrats on you new baby tiel :)

Carefree Birdee
08-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Glad to have you with us. I am new and just getting back into birds again after being birdless for many years. Looking forward to seeing photos of your new Cockatiel after you get to bring him home. Oh...how hard it is to wait! But once you get him he will capture your heart for sure. :th_heart:

ConureGuy
08-15-2013, 11:32 PM
I never had time but i do now so welcome to the nut house :th_LOL: only joking were all normal here kind of :th_hehe:

Turquoise
08-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the flock Tom.:th_greet13:

Cockatiels a very pretty & sweet birds. I have had a couple many many years ago. I thought of Athena or Serafina as a possible name. I like the other possible choices everyone has offered also. :th_biggrin:

It will be worth the wait when you finally see your new feathered darling & get to hold him/her in your arms for the first time.:th_hug8: