PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a new bus!

Debra
08-12-2013, 07:51 PM
I may be the only one excited about this, but I just found out that I'm getting a "new" bus! It's an '09 model that has been refurbished. As if that wasn't exciting enough, I was also told that sometime this fall it will be taken to have AIR CONDITIONING put in it! I drive a 2 hour route (in the afternoons I get on my bus at 3 and pull into the bus barn at 5) in 100 degree weather from August to October (actually the temps start going down around the first of October or so) so you can see why I'm so excited about this. 50+ kids in those temps = short tempers and a bad bus ride.

To top this off, my hubby was laid off a few weeks ago (actually turns out to not be a bad thing) and he will now be working with me! Different route, but still working with me. For a change, I have senority over him! lol. I am now looking forward to going back to work. I can't wait to tell my kids about the bus getting ac!

Honesty
08-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Great news Deb. I am really happy for you:)

Blancaej
08-12-2013, 08:27 PM
I can totally see why you would be excited about that! Especially the AC in Texas! Congrats!

ShellyBorg
08-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Vary cool!

spiritbird
08-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Things have a way of working out for the better sometimes. Wishing you all the best.

Turquoise
08-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Darn if I didn't miss this thread Debra!! Oh well, better late with comment than never.:th_LOL:

Awesome news!! I am very happy for you! I of all people know exactly what you mean about the temps here in our big state.:th_faint: Even tho it's been a lot of years & I mean a lot, I can still remember riding on one of those big yellow monsters! I lived in the country & rode a bus to school everyday til I was 12. The best part of the rides as far as we kids were concerned was when it bounced us high up off our seats on rough dirt roads. :th_loltears:

I can also relate to your having seniority over your hubby for the first time. I too work with mine at the prison unit, but not together. Although we started there at the same time, I have been trained for way more positions & I make more money due to his having more deductions taken out. Truly a great feeling for sure!!!:th_biggrin:

coltfire
08-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Debra great news for you, and AC in summer is great in any state or country , now dont you go pulling seniority on him to much, lol but then again why not :th_hehe: and 50 screaming kids, yeah i would be putting the ear phones in turned up full, and only turn down little bits once 10 got off lol