PDA

View Full Version : Meet Harry and Sally :)

Honesty
08-12-2013, 05:28 PM
While I was out with Tiegan shopping for her Lizard, I went into the Bird section and found 2 adorable Budgies together in a Cage. Harry is Blue and Sally is an Albino. I just knew I had to bring them home with me :) It is probably the most impulsive thing I have ever done, but they just looked so lonely in the middle of that big shop:(

I have them in a separate room from Codie, but he can see them through the glass door. At first, he was not happy at all! Everytime they chirped he pinned himself to the front of his cage just listening and watching. He is now out on his stand and as soon as they they chirp he is saying "Hello" :th_hehe: I think he may be glad of the company:)

Everyone, Meet Harry and Sally :th_biggrin:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
08-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Oh Wendy! They are gorgeous! They are sure lucky to have you as their mom.

plax
08-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Harry & sally are very cute and pretty Budgies. I love the contrast between their colors! Congrats to you and to them :)

Blancaej
08-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Love them! They are so cute! Looks like you will need a new siggy! Exciting!

Honesty
08-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Oh Wendy! They are gorgeous! They are sure lucky to have you as their mom.Thank you Debra :) They seem to have settled in very nicely and are in the process of having a feast :) Harry seems to be the more dominant one. They sit together the whole time :)

Honesty
08-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Love them! They are so cute! Looks like you will need a new siggy! Exciting!Thanks Blanca :) I was thinking exactly the same thing myself about the siggy, BUT, I love my current siggy. I wonder if it would be possible to add Harry and Sally to the top RH corner and keep the same one. What do you think?

Honesty
08-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Harry & sally are very cute and pretty Budgies. I love the contrast between their colors! Congrats to you and to them :)Thank you Tony :) They seem to be very happy together. They are beautiful colours.

spiritbird
08-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Going to the bird section will enhance you life so much. I love little keets but sure miss Rosie. They are so adorable. Do you know their age?

Honesty
08-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Going to the bird section will enhance you life so much. I love little keets but sure miss Rosie. They are so adorable. Do you know their age?They are around 14 weeks old. I have just chopped up some fruit into tiny pieces and put in their bowl. I think it will take them a while to get used to fruit and veggies :)

Mare
08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Harry and Sally are super cute! It always has surprised me how, after adding an additional bird, it enhances the prior one's life! They don't really even know it for a week or so! :)

Honesty
08-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks Mare. At the moment Codie is sitting with me right under my computer chair. Each time Harry and Sally make a noise he pokes his head out and looks at me, as if to say " what is going on " LOL

Blancaej
08-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks Blanca :) I was thinking exactly the same thing myself about the siggy, BUT, I love my current siggy. I wonder if it would be possible to add Harry and Sally to the top RH corner and keep the same one. What do you think?

I can certainily do that. Should be easy enough! Do you have any pics yet? Beside the one on this post.

Honesty
08-12-2013, 08:22 PM
I can certainily do that. Should be easy enough! Do you have any pics yet? Beside the one on this post.Thanks Blanca. I only have that particular pic at the moment. I cant get them out yet to take pics as they are a bit frightened. I can only get them throught the cage:(

Blancaej
08-12-2013, 08:28 PM
So you have two choices, wait and update your siggy when you get more pics or I can try to work with the one you took. Let me know!

Honesty
08-12-2013, 08:36 PM
So you have two choices, wait and update your siggy when you get more pics or I can try to work with the one you took. Let me know!OK, give it a go with the ones I took. If they do not look right, then I will try and get some better ones.

Debra
08-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Wendy, now you need to update your "parrots kept" section on your profile. lol

Blancaej
08-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Ok, I'll give it a shot with what you got! I'm leaving work now and will be back on Wednesday. So I'll do it then. Okie dokie?

spiritbird
08-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Blanca I bet you could get them both in the old siggy together as they appear in the photo. They are so so cute.

Honesty
08-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Wendy, now you need to update your "parrots kept" section on your profile. lolHaha. I didn't think aout that. I will go and do that now:)

ShellyBorg
08-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Oh Good! I am not alone this week! I picked up a little budgie yesterday on complete impulse also!

Honesty
08-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Ok, I'll give it a shot with what you got! I'm leaving work now and will be back on Wednesday. So I'll do it then. Okie dokie?Thanks Blanca. If I can get some more pics tomorrow, I will post them.

Blancaej
08-12-2013, 10:26 PM
That'll work. Either way I will work with what you got!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Blancaej
08-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Oh Good! I am not alone this week! I picked up a little budgie yesterday on complete impulse also!

Must be budgie week. Lol! Anyone else? ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Honesty
08-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Must be budgie week. Lol! Anyone else? ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2:th_loltears:

Turquoise
08-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Oh Wendy Harry & Sally are adorable!! :th_hug8:

I love blue parakeets & the color contrast is very pleasing together.:th_biggrin: Seeing another pleasing color is how I ended up with 8 budgies & then one of hubby's cousins gave us a pair her granddaughter tired of & that brought it up to 10. Then I lost one of my females this spring, back down to 9.

Thank goodness I am at work this week! I am a sucker for impulse buying when I go into a pet shop. :th_LOL:

Honesty
08-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Thank you De'Andrea :)

They are very sweet and have settled in very well. They tend to do everything the same. If one eats then the other one eats. If one sleeps, so does the other.
I have a feeling Codie is going to start imitating their tweeting. LOL

spiritbird
08-13-2013, 11:57 AM
My birds are like that too. If one eats or sleeps so does the other one, even if they are in separate cages. Wendy, did you have it in your mind to get parakeets or was it a true impulse? I love their little chirping and other sounds. I know you will enjoy having them in your life.

Debra
08-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Dianne -- I love their chatter too. I have a room (bedroom turned bird room) full of 6 tiels and 4 budgies (2 American and 2 English). I just love the noises from that room.

Honesty
08-13-2013, 12:49 PM
My birds are like that too. If one eats or sleeps so does the other one, even if they are in separate cages. Wendy, did you have it in your mind to get parakeets or was it a true impulse? I love their little chirping and other sounds. I know you will enjoy having them in your life.I can honestly say Dianne it was a true impulse buy. We had gone out to get my Daughters Lizard and I saw Harry and Sally in a Cage. I just knew I had to have them:)

spiritbird
08-13-2013, 02:07 PM
That is the way I feel when I see the Meyers in Petco on display. They are too good lf a parrot to be in that situation but I do not have the $$ or longevity to make the purchase.

Macawfancy
08-15-2013, 07:00 AM
A long distance for me or I would have brought them home, they are just adorable!

Honesty
08-15-2013, 08:19 AM
A long distance for me or I would have brought them home, they are just adorable!Thank you Joyce :)

jacksmom
08-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Dang it, lol...now I want a budgie again and a finch...you guys better stop tempting me! ;)

I had one that looked a lot like Harry - I was maybe 13. He flew from my finger one day and the family cocker spaniel pounced on him. I quickly pried the bird from the dog's jaws, but alas...he wasn't standing up straight. We rushed him to the vet, thinking maybe it was his leg...but unfortunately, it wasn't his leg - that we could have fixed. I was only 13, so forgive me for not remembering more...but basically the bird now had a permanent case of vertigo, he never stood upright again. However, he lived for YEARS after that, even outlasting his mate by quite a long time. He just rolled around the bottom of his cage, using his beak to pull himself up on stuff, and play with his toys. I hung everything low, and he could eat, play, and roll around on his astroturf, which I cleaned twice a day. He was actually a very happy bird, he didn't seem to notice his disability! My friends made fun of my "retarded bird", you know how kids are...but I didn't care, I loved the lil dude, disability and all. :)

So...watch your dog, Honesty! ;) JK, I am sure you know much better than I did at 13 what safety for a budgie means! :) Very cute pair, I have a bit of budgie envy! ;)

Honesty
08-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Dang it, lol...now I want a budgie again and a finch...you guys better stop tempting me! ;)

I had one that looked a lot like Harry - I was maybe 13. He flew from my finger one day and the family cocker spaniel pounced on him. I quickly pried the bird from the dog's jaws, but alas...he wasn't standing up straight. We rushed him to the vet, thinking maybe it was his leg...but unfortunately, it wasn't his leg - that we could have fixed. I was only 13, so forgive me for not remembering more...but basically the bird now had a permanent case of vertigo, he never stood upright again. However, he lived for YEARS after that, even outlasting his mate by quite a long time. He just rolled around the bottom of his cage, using his beak to pull himself up on stuff, and play with his toys. I hung everything low, and he could eat, play, and roll around on his astroturf, which I cleaned twice a day. He was actually a very happy bird, he didn't seem to notice his disability! My friends made fun of my "retarded bird", you know how kids are...but I didn't care, I loved the lil dude, disability and all. :)

So...watch your dog, Honesty! ;) JK, I am sure you know much better than I did at 13 what safety for a budgie means! :) Very cute pair, I have a bit of budgie envy! ;)Thanks Grace, but I dont have a Dog and dont ever intend to have one :)

jacksmom
08-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Lol, probably a smart idea for a bird owner, really...but growing up with dogs made me feel weird not having one around - I blame the parents. ;) (I have wonderful parents btw...who do you think paid that vet bill for the lil guy way back when! :))

(Looking back that may have been a bit of a thread jack...sorry to distract from your new cuties, I should have made a separate thread for the above story!)

Honesty
08-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Lol, probably a smart idea for a bird owner, really...but growing up with dogs made me feel weird not having one around - I blame the parents. ;) (I have wonderful parents btw...who do you think paid that vet bill for the lil guy way back when! :))

(Looking back that may have been a bit of a thread jack...sorry to distract from your new cuties, I should have made a separate thread for the above story!)Thats ok :) We always had Cats when I was young. I always had one up to about 5 years ago. When she died, I then set my sights on Birds which I have always loved. My Mum would never let me have one when I was younger :(

jacksmom
08-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Aw, well that's why we get to grow up and call our moms and say "tell Dad I have the air conditioning on full blast and all the windows open, and yes I AM trying to air condition the whole neighborhood!" Heh! ;)

So, can Codie chirp like a budgie yet? :)

Honesty
08-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Aw, well that's why we get to grow up and call our moms and say "tell Dad I have the air conditioning on full blast and all the windows open, and yes I AM trying to air condition the whole neighborhood!" Heh! ;)

So, can Codie chirp like a budgie yet? :)He hasn't started chirping yet, which I am really surprised at, as when I take him in the garden, he imitates the Sparrows tweeting:)

Maddy
08-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Oh Wendy, they are gorgeous!

Honesty
08-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Oh Wendy, they are gorgeous!Thank you Maddy :th_heart:

jacksmom
08-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I am sure it is just a matter of time, it is awesome that he likes them!!! :)

Honesty
08-15-2013, 09:30 PM
I am sure it is just a matter of time, it is awesome that he likes them!!! :)Yes, I am pretty sure he will start to imitate their chirping. It has to be better than him screaming :th_hehe: