PDA

View Full Version : Just got a baby, have a few questions.

shelbyrenee1329
08-11-2013, 12:01 AM
I have had parrots for most of my life but it has been a really long time since I have had a baby, my other birds have all been rescues. Anyways I got a 13 week old tiel today!! She is the sweetest thing!!
But anyways will she get any bigger?? I swear the tiel I had a few years back was a little bigger. Also is it normal that she is still pretty clumsy moving around her cage and when stepping up?
Thanks everyone!

ShellyBorg
08-11-2013, 12:24 AM
She is a baby and may grow a bit more and as a baby she will be a bit clumsy. Congrats! Now is the time to get her on a great diet and lots of love!

Debra
08-11-2013, 12:57 AM
I have 6 tiels and they all vary in size. In fact, the one with the biggest name (Big Tex) is actually my smallest. He has a big heart though. They will still be clumsy at such a young age. That should pass soon.

Blancaej
08-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Welcome and congrats on your new baby! There are lots of Teil owners on this forum, so you should get plenty of great advice! :th_welcome2:

Turquoise
08-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Congrats on your new faby! :th_hug8:

Everyone has already answered your questions. So I will just say, "Bring on the photos!" Gotta' see the new kid in town!:th_biggrin:

Honesty
08-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Congrats on your new baby Shelby:) We would love to see pics.

spiritbird
08-11-2013, 01:58 PM
It is very rewarding to watch a baby bird grow up in a loving household. They are clumsy at first and will catch on soon with the balancing on perches. Best to keep the perches low at this point. Because you have a baby you should be able to introduce the healthy foods and pellets with ease. Best of luck to you. Have you chosen a name for her yet?

:smiley-bird-emotico

mrgoogls
08-16-2013, 07:57 PM
congrats! its normal for a baby to be clumsy. and he/she may grow a bit more, or stay on the smaller side.

Mare
08-19-2013, 03:59 AM
I brought home a cockatiel, a few weeks ago, and was thinking he is young because of his size, smallish. I'm now thinking that Chip is just a small adult.

coltfire
08-19-2013, 04:30 AM
as very one has said she will get better as she gets older, size wise with out pics hard to say, but as with all my teils they all differ in size, but at 13 weeks i would say she still would grow a little more. and welcome to the forum and congrates on ur new addition