PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the desert

Littlebird
08-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi. I am relatively new to this whole parrot ownership
Thing. I am glad to find so many resources and people on line willing to share their experiences and information. I have 2 little birds, (I call
Them all little birds, macaws to
Meyers! ) iPo is a 17 year old male eclectus I got from a rescue. He has had some stress in his life and has plucked off most of his feathers. With a change in diet and a lot of love some are beginning to grow back! He has a dislocated wing which cannot be fixed. Don't know what it was but as soon as I saw him, that was it. I also have a 1 year old female (???) cockatiel. She is not very friendly. As soon as she hears me in the morning, she lets me know it is time to open her cage door. I do so and she runs to the top of the cage where she spends the larger part of her day.111211131115pii

Honesty
08-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Hello Sue and :pp_welcome:Thank you for joining us.

Ipo and Little Bird are adorable:)

Thank you for taking saving Ipo, I am sure with all your dedicated love and proper diet his feathers will grow back. Is he friendly towards you, or is he still a bit nervous?

I look forward to hearing all about your adventures with Ipo and Little Bird :)

coltfire
08-09-2013, 11:37 AM
welcome and i hope you enjoy this forum as much as the rest of us do, look forward to getting to know you and here all about your little birds.Sue the ??? after 1 year old female teil if that was, your not sure, i can let you she is a she, going off the pic you of her up

ConureGuy
08-09-2013, 12:01 PM
:pp_welcome: glad to have you here along with the rest of us.

Blancaej
08-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Hello & Welcome Sue! I look forward to getting to know you and your birdie babies!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Debra
08-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the forum! I can't wait to hear more about Ipo and Little Bird. They are both beautiful birds!

spiritbird
08-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Hello and please know we are very happy you joined our forum. Life without a bird is an empty life. At least that is how I feel. Sounds like you life is full with your birds. Thanks for the photos

plax
08-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Hello Sue... welcome to our community of parrot appreciators :th_biggrin:. Your birds sound and look delightful. Thanks so much for giving IPO a loving home!

Turquoise
08-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Welcome to the flock here Sue, IPO & Little bird. :th_biggrin: They are so adorable!!

I do understand what hit you when you first saw IPO and said, "That is the one!" I have two special macaws in my flock. Angle is my Catalina boy with leg disabilities he was born with. It prevents him from standing like his brother Roscoe, but he climbs with the best of them and enjoys life to the fullest. I chose to get him when I got Roscoe from their breeder. I have not regretted it one bit.

I had always wanted a Green Wing since the first photo I saw of one in the '80s. I finally found the one for me last Dec. I was browsing the internet the night after Christmas & came across a 3 month old GW who had part of her left wing missing due to her Daddy bird biting it off when she was 1 day old. I decided that night this was the GW I have been waiting for all my life. And in April my Ruby Jewel came home to me from Washington state after being weaned. Yes, I understand how you feel about IPO and why. :th_hug8:

Mare
08-10-2013, 03:46 AM
Hi Sue and welcome!

ShellyBorg
08-10-2013, 03:49 AM
Hello and Welcome!