PDA

View Full Version : hi

bigbird
08-08-2013, 05:43 AM
hows all im excited about meeting all of you.....parrots are the greatest and if your on here im sure you feel the same.....im moving to Oregon and once up there id like to open a state of the art home for macaws....a permanent place they can live happily for the rest of their lives.....as I move ...find a spot....and put my design together......ill pass my thoughts to all of you......we are all worried what will happen to our birds if something happens to us...so we shouldn't and we need the right solution......also im looking for ideas.....and any knowledge out there.....bigbird

Turquoise
08-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Hi back to you John. Welcome to our growing flock here. We are very glad you have chosen a spot on the limb to sit & squawk about our favorite subjects~~parrots. :th_biggrin:

And I see you have my favorite type of parrot~~Macaws of course!:th_heart:

Your future idea sounds wonderful. I look forward to seeing & hearing more about it. And photos of your feathered darling. What is your B&G's name?

plax
08-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Greetings John! That's a very noble plan you have. It's an impressive concept that will hopefully evolve into the dearly needed resource you envision. There is/was a Macaw sanctuary facility in the Portland, Oregon area called 'Macaw Landing Foundation', but their website appears to be nonexistent at the moment. I'm receiving a "server not found" error when I try to load their site. Here's the link:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Their Facebook page is still accessible, though:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

My information, however, is that they have not accepted additional birds for many years. I'm curious as to whether you've heard of this facility?

And by all means, please post some photos of your B&G! We're certainly happy you've joined us at Precisely Parrots :)

Honesty
08-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Hello John and :pp_welcome: Thank you for joining us.

Your idea sounds fantastic. I look forward to hearing more about it :)

coltfire
08-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the forum John im sure you will get lots of idea's from all on here , so enjoy , post lots of pics and stories and keep us updated on your adventure.

Blancaej
08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Hello & welcome John! I look forward to hearing more about your plan & can't wait to see pics of your birdie buddy!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

kendrafitz
08-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi and welcome!!!

spiritbird
08-08-2013, 01:00 PM
We are very happy you chose us to bird chat with. I hope you meet no roadblocks in establishing the Macaw Heaven home. At least that is what I am calling it. We have several Macaw people here so you are in good company.

Debra
08-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the forum, John! I, too, can't wait to hear more about your future plans and also about your b&g you have.