PDA

View Full Version : Personalities of Budgies

spiritbird
08-07-2013, 11:35 PM
For those of you that have Parakeets I was wondering what their personalities are like.
My Gypsy (fem. American) and Chipper (male, English) are so different in the moods and actions. Gypsy is the little boss, always trying to take his perch or his food bowl where he may be. Chipper on the other hand is a peaceful calm little guy who is very sweet and easily trained. Neither were hand fed/raised. Today Chipper did not want to be in Gypsy's cage at all. I cannot imagine them every wanting to breed.

Please tell me about the personalities of your Parakeets.

Mayden
08-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Oh, I've had 8 budgie's in total and will definitely get back to you on this. Budgie's have fantastic little characters and people tend to overlook them for their size. They are just... wonderful! :)

I've had both American and English and unfortunately talking about my first female gets me a little upset as she was so precious to me, so will get back to you soon :).

Blancaej
08-08-2013, 02:16 AM
I don't have budgies but I love how each and every parrot is an individual! They have there own personalities just like humans! :)

Debra
08-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Well, my English budgies are special needs and wild as they were bred to be "show" birds. Looking in on them, they are just quiet and laid back. My American budgies each have two distinct personalities. My female is timid (and over weight) while my male is an "in your face" kind of bird. They are also hands off birds, but Tor is the one I can get the closest to.

spiritbird
08-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks Deb. At least you can get close to Thor. They are such fun little birds.