PDA

View Full Version : Hello there from Manchester UK! Jardines anyone?

DannysaxT
08-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi there

My name is Danny and I live in Manchester, England.

I have been looking for people who are interested in the Jardine's Parrot and wondered if anyone with experience of these birds could get in touch, or if indeed anyone knows a breeder in the UK.

Cheers,

Danny

Honesty
08-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Hello Danny and :pp_welcome:

I am not familiar with Jardine's, so I cant help you with that one.

I will ask around for you in regards to a breeder of Jardine's. Does it have to be Manchester, or are you willing to travel? I am in Devon!

Have you considered any other species?

Blancaej
08-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Hello Danny & Welcome! :th_welcome2: I'm sorry but I don't know anything about Jardines. Good luck in your quest! :)

DannysaxT
08-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies.

Yes I am willing to travel around the UK.

I like the Jardines as they are the smaller amazons and part of the poicephalus family. I have also considered a Hahans or maybe a white fronted? Any ideas?

Danny

DannysaxT
08-09-2013, 02:15 PM
..And also maybe a Caique!

Debra
08-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Hello and welcome. Sorry I'm late in welcoming you. I know nothing about the species of birds you are looking into. Plus I'm in the US so I am unable to help you in your search. I do wish you good luck in finding just the right parrot for your household though.

ConureGuy
08-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi danny welcome there is a guy here in county durham named ken he is my breeder i get all my birds from him and only him maybe you could contact him via facebook just search for pk birds im unsure if he know's much about jardine's but i'm sure he could help you out or point you in the right direction to getting the help you need.

Turquoise
08-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Welcome to the flock Danny. :th_greet13:

I have read a little about Jardines parrots, but I don't have any experience with them. They are pretty and sound like a great choice. Hope you find a breeder. I too am in the US and can't help you with finding anyone over your way.

When you get your feathered darling we will enjoy seeing photos of it. It will be fun getting to learn about a new species most of us don't have. :th_biggrin:

ShellyBorg
08-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Hello and welcome!

Honesty
08-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi Danny,

Jardines are not classed as "Small Amazons" They are a totally different species altogether.:)

If you are considering a Whitefront Amazon, I do know that they are classed as one of the most placid of Zons and make great pets. They dont seem to have the same aggressive nature of other Amazons.

Another good choice would be a BH Pionus, if that is the size range you are looking for:)

ConureGuy
08-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I will agree with wendy on this a white fronted amazon would be a great choice of amazon for you as they are more layed back and less aggressive than some of the other amazon species although size isn't everything when it comes to birds i do own a amazon myself aswell as a senegal and what she lacks in size she makes up for in personality she is a real joy to be around.

Take time to think which species would suit you best and go from there i'm sure you will make the right choice. :)

plax
08-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Hello Danny... I remember welcoming you several days ago but it seems that somehow my post was deleted. Wecome to our community!