PDA

View Full Version : the wild birds of oz

coltfire
08-05-2013, 03:23 AM
some one was asking me what wild parrots we get here well i just found this on you tube and most of these we have where myself and gemini (amanda) live and we are about 28 hours apart by road. hope you enjoy the video [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

coltfire
08-05-2013, 03:24 AM
i love the major Mitchel's

Debra
08-05-2013, 12:25 PM
That is amazing! Y'all have such a variety of parrots there. And loud! Wow!

Pinkbirdy
08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Wonderful!!! Im Moving :) Steve lots of questions - The Red Tails look huge [are they considered big 2s ?] Do you know people to have them as pets ? What are they like ? I love the Major mitchels also , Do you know about them also?

coltfire
08-05-2013, 03:14 PM
fire away as i have said in other threads there are not to many Australian birds i have not had and my uncle well he is the one that got me into birds he was the biggest breeder in NSW Australia now im going back over 30 years ago and he had well over 600 birds back then of all sorts the major mitchels being one of his many birds, along with the blacks, now size wise the red tails would be between a sulfa crested too and a b&g macaw,i know a few ppl who have them, my mother has a flock of around 40/50 that come in every day, which is nice but deafening, Gemini also has a wild flock that she see;s daily, now the thread still riding at 60 if you look carefully you will see its a major the pale pale pink breast and the red yellow pink crest is a dead give away, they would be one of the only too;s i dont see in the wildas they are not know in this part of Australia, but many pets and readily available , i was looking at one at the markets the other week, and if you remember a thread i put up a few weeks back i almost got a black that was being re-homed.

coltfire
08-05-2013, 03:16 PM
or were you talking about the palm too;s which is just as big as a b7g

coltfire
08-05-2013, 03:25 PM
here is part two of that,[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] and one more [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blancaej
08-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Wow great videos! I really enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing!

Pinkbirdy
08-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Steve,I truly enjoyed that ;) That's a lot of 2s!! Loved the Galahs and the redtailed. Even saw my dream bird [western long billed corella ]digging up someones lawn. Pearl [my Goffin ]sat in my lap and watched the entire thing.He even said HEY when the flock of his kind came out.:) Show us more :)

Mare
08-07-2013, 12:55 AM
That was a wonderful show, thank you! Parrots are definitely flock animals!

coltfire
08-07-2013, 10:52 AM
ill see what i can find.i glad you enjoyed them