PDA

View Full Version : Hung out with a Scarlet Today

Pinkbirdy
08-04-2013, 03:51 AM
Also today,while my birds were getting groomed. They had a rehomed Scarlet there. I don't know to many people that have one. I was slightly hesitant at first [Realizing that the internet has shaped my mind,and I hate it!!] He ended up being great !! I think cause I have Harlow I know how to read them . I would always see them on craigslist . Now I wonder if its because they didn't know what there doing.What a beautiful Macaw!! I don't think potential Macaw owners should write them off. Its funny he reminded me of Harlow [and even sounded like her] . I remembered that Harlow is part Scarlet . I thought she got her great temperament from the Blue and gold [Shes a lot like Fargo] . But who knows maybe it was from the Scarlet.:)

Turquoise
08-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Since I have two part Scarlets like your Harlow Terri, I know what you are talking about when looking at their personalities. I think my Roscoe acts more like a B&G and Angel acts more like a Scarlet. Since I've never owned either pure species, I can only go by what I read also.

I would love to have a Scarlet one day down the road & would have had one in April if some folks hadn't been super greedy & just had to rush up here on a nearly 700 mile trip to get her. Then the lady didn't even keep her & gave her back to her friend who actually came up to get her! Long story short, I was going to get her when I got paid again the 1st of April, but I did tell the owner who only lived 30 miles from me to sell her if he could before then. The two who drove so far are on my FB group page & saw her on there.

Blancaej
08-04-2013, 12:05 PM
I never knew anything about scarlets. The only negative things I've ever read have been on forums. So unfortunately they have a bad reputation. The reality is just like people each bird has its own individual personality. Every species will have some that are harder then others to deal with. Knowing their body language helps us be one step ahead of the game! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2