PDA

View Full Version : I met Disco [the talking parakeet]

Pinkbirdy
08-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Today ,I went to get 5 of my birds groomed. At this place they were setting things up [and making a very big deal] About an incoming bird [for a meet and greet].It was a parakeet. I had this feeling it might be Disco [and it was] . I read somewhere he was from Rochester [that's near me]. You should have seen the crowd [hes famous] :) I think he was also on the today show. Heres a clip off his utube if you don't know him [Amazing]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Rescued
08-03-2013, 09:33 PM
That's awesome. He is totally famous ;-) was he talking up a storm or was he a quiet guy?

Blancaej
08-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Wow! That is amazing! I've never seen a parakeet talk so much!

I fixed your link so the video shows up in your thread. Next time click on "insert video" then post your link in the space provided and hit enter. That will show it right in your thread. Hope that helps! :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
08-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Rescued - He was quiet [but I didn't stay for his show] So I guess he does perform.It was neat meeting the owners and that they were local. They said they didn't do anything special,except talk to him .That's just him ;)

coltfire
08-03-2013, 10:34 PM
that is such a smart little birdie

spiritbird
08-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Oh you are so lucky. I watch his videos in amazement. He is only 3 years old and a beauty.

mrgoogls
08-04-2013, 03:08 AM
that's awesome! never saw a parakeet talk so much

where do you go to get your birds groomed near Rochester? that's where I bought cooper!

Pinkbirdy
08-04-2013, 03:18 AM
that's awesome! never saw a parakeet talk so much

where do you go to get your birds groomed near Rochester? that's where I bought cooper! Birds Unlimited [and I guess that's where they got Disco too]

Mare
08-04-2013, 03:40 AM
Loved that! What a talent Disco is, I've never heard of him!

Turquoise
08-04-2013, 08:04 AM
I have never heard of him either. He is adorable and reminds me of my first parakeet. he said quite a few thing, tho not nearly as much as Disco. He would say Petty Bird & Gimme Kiss, he was turquoise blue.

here is another one of Disco's videos. I found it by accident when I was searching for things to put on here earlier.:th_biggrin:

In this video he sings, Can't get no satisfaction & talks up a blue streak!!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
08-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I just love Disco! I follow him on FB so I can see all his videos. I would have loved to have been able to meet him in person! As I type this, I can hear him singing "Disco, meet the Disco, he's a dabba doo bird, he'll be a gay old bird". That's his theme song.

spiritbird
08-04-2013, 01:00 PM
I could spend all day on You tube watching this bird. They have hundreds of his videos for viewing.

mrgoogls
08-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Birds Unlimited [and I guess that's where they got Disco too]

woooow!!! that's where I bought cooper!!!! I love the store! they are so nice and knowledgeable! I am going there within a week or two to get cooper re-clipped!