PDA

View Full Version : Salsa: Being loud... | yap yap yap...

PlaxMacaws
08-03-2013, 07:51 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
08-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Tony -- the first video is set to private. :th_crycry: But the second one is so cute! Salsa is so animated in all his videos.

spiritbird
08-03-2013, 08:38 PM
could not see the first but the second one is adorable and my little keets always go to attention when they hear Salsa.

plax
08-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Sorry about that... I've fixed it. Thanks Debra! What happened is that the upload completed but showed a result of "upload failed" and didn't retain the name I'd entered for it. So I refreshed the list then went into edit mode to re-add the name, but I forgot to check its viewing permissions (which somehow defaulted to 'private'). I find that YouTube messes up the uploads like this occasionally. I guess it's best to always check.

Blancaej
08-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I didn't know Salsa was part dog. LOL! ;)

Debra
08-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Now I can see it! Thanks for fixing it. He does seem to know when he's being too loud. lol. And he got Zaf going too. What a riot!

kendrafitz
08-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Great videos, as always.

Love that Zaf is so excited by Salsa's antics that he is dancing. Also love that when Salsa realized Zaf was joining in, he turned around to look at him like "WHAT are you doing, you loud bird?!?!"

plax
08-04-2013, 02:16 AM
BTW, did anyone notice how Salsa starts out doing human screams and then suddenly switches into regular Macaw scream mode?

Turquoise
08-04-2013, 08:58 AM
I went back & checked on what you meant about human screams & then macaw screams. Since I hear so many different screams/talking from mine I didn't equate it to human & macaw. Salsa sounds like Roscoe & Ruby Jewel mixed together. They both have a slightly different sound to their screams.

I like how Zaf is mouthing or mimicking Salsa's screams before he actually joins in.:th_biggrin:

Debra
08-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I had to go back and watch it again, but you're right. He does start out sounding human and then macaw. I love it. I also love Zaf in the background.

plax
08-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Yes, his first 3 screams are his human-in-agony screams (or at least one version thereof - he has a few). Then his 4th scream and beyond are just plain old Macaw yells :)