PDA

View Full Version : answer me this

gemini_84
08-02-2013, 12:01 AM
ok so the 3 amigos are spoilt. They have 2 play stands, a large cage and a play cage. all of which have plenty of natural wood perches and toys galore to chew on, but why must they insist on landing on lights, pictures wall ornaments etc etc and chew on them? i love them to death but they are driving me bonkas...lol
some times i swear they are just out to send me grey and bald.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and not to mention that they have 3 bird baths but oxy insists on trying to bathe in the fish tank

Blancaej
08-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Its the same idea when you buy a kid a super great toy and they have more fun with cardboard box. Lol! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

gemini_84
08-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Its the same idea when you buy a kid a super great toy and they have more fun with cardboard box. Lol! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

lol, too true and my cat is just like that.... forget the toys just give him a box and he has hrs of fun

ConureGuy
08-02-2013, 12:43 AM
My 2 do the exact same was only the other week jinx decided to take a poop down the back end of my tv which got inside it and suprise suprise it shorted out :th_faint: it didn't bother me tho as i was due to buy a new one anyway so in a way he done me a favor. :th_toofunny:

gemini_84
08-02-2013, 12:57 AM
My 2 do the exact same was only the other week jinx decided to take a poop down the back end of my tv which got inside it and suprise suprise it shorted out :th_faint: it didn't bother me tho as i was due to buy a new one anyway so in a way he done me a favor. :th_toofunny:

prince loves perching on my tele, thank fully it is not on much during the day when they are out. im constantly cleaning the screen and the back of it. Im due for a new tele too as the pixels are going in mine, but it is still working suprisingly.
i've tried and tried to stop him perching there but nothing is helping. All the other places they perch and no that they are not allowed to be, as soon as i stand up they will leave them and go to a permitted area. little terrors they are

plax
08-02-2013, 01:09 AM
My guess is that they may prefer perches/platforms they can fly to from a distance. It's a bird thing :th_biggrin:

gemini_84
08-02-2013, 01:18 AM
My guess is that they may prefer perches/platforms they can fly to from a distance. It's a bird thing :th_biggrin:

lol, everything is spread out throughout my living area. Apart from their main cage and new playstand that are side byside next to my computer desk in the office section of the living area (L shaped living room) its about 10m (30 feet) from main cage to other playstand and then the play cage is in the opposite corner of the living area which as the parrot flies would be roughly 7m (21 feet). i think they are just on a mission to send me bald and grey :th_toofunny:

Turquoise
08-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Too funny! I have to keep wings clipped for the same reasons. My house has too much for a large wingspan to get into trouble trying those very same things. And I don't want an accidental escape out the door to happen. So the ones in my home who are not permanently grounded due to pre-wing damage get the old 'snip~snip'. Especially Peta, my GCC. She thinks nothing of heading straight to Roscoe's enclosure & calling him out like she was an eagle picking a fight with a buzzard.:th_LOL: And since his home has 4"X3" openings, she can slip in there in no time flat, the little devil!!

gemini_84
08-02-2013, 11:33 PM
I have days where i get so frustrated with them misbehavior i think about clipping but i love watching them fly around the house abduction love it even more when they fly to me so i won't do it. Oxy was clipped after his last escape but i feel so guilty now because prince and bruno are fully alighted and oxy only has the ability to fly in short bursts so i can't wait till he is fully flighted. Although i can see life becoming even more hectic then with 3 fully flighted terrors. After a total of escapes in 10months my house is fully secured when they are out an about.

coltfire
08-03-2013, 02:01 AM
see you learnt by your mistakes, or just how worried and upset you where, as for the toys , to them its we can play and destroy this and look what we have left once we finish with these.:th_hehe: