PDA

View Full Version : Cage moving day!

ShellyBorg
08-01-2013, 09:49 PM
So I have this 7' by 4' cage and a couch potato zon who never moves! Today I am going to rock his world (again!) and put him in the big cage. I am also going to put stuff as far apart as possible to make him move around for it! He is finally moving around his cage he is in now with some confidence so... :D I am hoping when he gets his flights in I am going to try to flight train him. Will see how that works. I think I worked out a treat for him he likes that is not sunflowers. He is on pellets and chop now and I use RoudyBush and natural ZooPreem , He LOVES fruity colored ZooPreem. So I will use those just for training treats. Poor kid still does not play with toys. (Foot toys are Soooooooo SCARY!) *sigh*

Blancaej
08-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Its so hard for some of our guys to accept change! Lol! Sounds like he is slowly coming along. Be sure to share pics of him in the big cage! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Turquoise
08-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Amazons~~The Spokes Birds for 'Couch Potato' :th_LOL: Sounds like you Zon is just happy chilling in his own space.:th_biggrin:

When I had my first group of parrots back in the '90s I had 2 re-homed Amazons. One was a Green Wing & the other was a Mexican Redhead, Green Cheek whichever folks prefer. The Green Wing, Mikki was a very active boy, but the Green Cheek, Cisco Red was the most sedate quiet parrot I'd ever seen. I suspected he was a very old ex breeder bird, possibly smuggled into the US. He didn't play with toys, didn't move from his perch except to eat & he was a very good eater. Rarely heard a squawk out of him & he never talked, plus he hated to be held or touched. he wasn't a biter, you could just tell by his actions he wanted no part of human contact. I worked with him & could hold him, but he was very tense each time & I had him for 10 yrs.