PDA

View Full Version : Sassy IN her new cage!

Mare
08-01-2013, 09:21 PM
She's not quite loving it but I think she will adjust. I've still got a few more toys and perches that need to go in and next time I'm in town I'm going to look for 2" cotton rope to wire to the top perch spot on top of the cage. I have her old cage outside, just gave it a good scrub and I think I'll use that for her sleep cage.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
She loves to chew on boxes, hence, the box on the bottom!

ShellyBorg
08-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice looking cage!

coltfire
08-01-2013, 10:03 PM
very nice looking cage.

Blancaej
08-01-2013, 11:01 PM
She looks great in it. Lots of room! I can see she will love it!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

mrgoogls
08-02-2013, 03:29 AM
nice cage! im sure in a while she will love it!

spiritbird
08-02-2013, 12:42 PM
So much room for her. More for you to clean.

Debra
08-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Nice cage! How does she like it today?

Mare
08-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes, Dianne, more to clean but that's ok, she is starting to enjoy it today, Debra! I'm sitting with Sassy on me, this morning, and Chip flew over. He likes her cage, too. Sassy had to fly over and shoo him away! Here is a pic of her on her swing, she's never had one before and she gets it going like a carnival ride!

Turquoise
08-03-2013, 06:46 AM
That's a great cage & setup for Sassy Girl. She looks so cute in it.:th_hug8:

She's gonna' wonder soon how she ever managed to live in her old cage with so much more room in this one. :th_biggrin: I love the swing, it does look like fun.

Mare
08-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks, all! She is now LOVING her new cage! I held back from finding her a larger one because she seemed to have loved her original so much. I can see now how much more room gives her a lot more fun things to do. She's like a trapeze artist jumping from perch to swing then onto the next perch!

Pinkbirdy
08-04-2013, 03:32 AM
I understand too,why Goffins need a big cage .Pearl is the most bounciest ,acrobatic thing I ever saw.;)

Mare
08-04-2013, 04:07 AM
I understand too,why Goffins need a big cage .Pearl is the most bounciest ,acrobatic thing I ever saw.;)

aka, SPAZ! (I say that affectionately:))

Turquoise
08-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Goffins sound like macaws. At least like my Roscoe, he is the busiest bird I've ever owned. Much more active than Ruby Jewel, she doesn't play with toys much & doesn't like to swing. Roscoe swings upside down, goes from one limb to the next and makes me tired just watching him.:th_faint:

Mare
08-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Maybe like children, they are all different. Amigo is nowhere near the energy level of Sassy. It seems like she eats more than he does, too. Maybe this is why!?

JadeC
08-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Wow, that is one big cage!!!! I thought Meiko's cage was big, but holy crap!! You must have a big house to have room for that!!! Haha I'm glad Sassy is liking it :) You such a good parront

Mare
08-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Thank you Jade! Our house isn't that big and now it seems even smaller but it's worth it to see her loving her cage! She's actually out of it more than she is in. I put her in if we are too busy, running around. :)

Lady
01-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Hey Mare,

By chance do you still have that swing? Is it or was it a rope swing? If not what was or is it like? We are currently awaiting Lady's new cage and that swing looks like fun.

Mare
01-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Hi, Alice! You've just reminded me to order another one, I had forgotten how much she enjoyed that swing! I forget where exactly I bought that..I'm thinking the pet store in the city where I shop. It was heavy wire in the center covered in rope. She ended up chewing it to bits. I think Lady would love one, maybe a bit larger for her, though :)

Lady
01-08-2017, 01:58 AM
I agree, I think she would like one too. I'm thinking about getting one for the new cage, there should be enough space for it. Glad to remind you of the fun Sassy had with hers, when you get her new one please let me know what it is called so I can do some research and see if they are available online. Thanks :).