PDA

View Full Version : Our new family member

ConureGuy
08-01-2013, 05:55 PM
As you all know we are getting a young grey off ken the same guy i got jinx and georgie off the grey's are 8 weeks old we don't know if keko is going to be a boy or a girl but either way we are not bothered as grey's are very sweet no matter the sex ken just uploaded this video of them and i'd thought i'd share it with you all hope you enjoy. :th_biggrin:

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Paul that is awesome. They are practicing the "grey growl". Lots of hands on is a good thing too. Have you picked one out yet??

Blancaej
08-01-2013, 06:24 PM
That was just so cute to watch! You must be so excited. He sounds and looks like he is a great breeder!

ConureGuy
08-01-2013, 06:25 PM
We didn't get the chance to pick one out dianne by time we decided we were going to get one three of them had a deposit down on them which only left the one LOL but were not bothered if it's a male or if it's a female were just glad we got there in time to get the last one. :)

ConureGuy
08-01-2013, 06:27 PM
That was just so cute to watch! You must be so excited. He sounds and looks like he is a great breeder!

He's been rated the best breeder in the north east of england and yeah i'm so exited i'll start doing backflips soon :th_hehe:

plax
08-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Very cool, Paul!

Honesty
08-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Adorable Paul :D

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

ConureGuy
08-01-2013, 08:58 PM
I know so cute they are. :D

spiritbird
08-01-2013, 09:01 PM
How is the breeder knowing which is boy or girl?

Debra
08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
I just love baby greys!

ConureGuy
08-01-2013, 09:39 PM
He guesses at first but he does DNA sex them and let's you know.

coltfire
08-01-2013, 10:07 PM
very cool i bet you cant wait to him/her home,cant beat hand raising birds , i get so much enjoyment out of it.

ConureGuy
08-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I'd love to hand raise parrots but i have no experience doing so only bit of experience i have is weaning off jinx as i got him a few weeks early and ken was kind enough to show me how to spoon feed.

jules
08-02-2013, 09:12 PM
aren't they sweet? i love their little red tail feathers. it's hard to imagine jasper being that small :th_heart:

ConureGuy
08-03-2013, 12:43 AM
When i got jinx i thought he was going to be small how wrong i was he was a tank and still is lol but there so cute.

Turquoise
08-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Oh My Goodness!!! Those fabies are the cutest little things!!:th_heart: How exciting to be waiting for the feathered darling to get home to you. Greys are very sweet, I had a Timneh in the '90s. He was 7 yrs old when I got him & he was the best most well adjusted parrot I have ever met. He loved everyone he met, I got him for my Mom. She tired of him after a year & half, so he came to live with me. She renamed him fro Frodo to Neko, I still miss that boy.

You are so lucky to get to visit your baby. My breeder of Roscoe, Angel & Leyla Belle lives almost 600 miles from me. I picked Roscoe out from a photo at 2 1/2 months, I had a choice of him or his sister. Angel was 7 months and a special needs boy that I decided I wanted that she had. I had a choice between male or female with Leyla Belle, my ekkie as soon as Vicki could tell she had both. I met my breeder at a halfway point to pick my babies up. Then my Ruby Jewel was hatched in Washington state, so she had to be flown to me. I chose her from a photo when she was 3 1/2 months old.

ConureGuy
08-03-2013, 01:41 PM
We are lucky that our breeder lives only 15 miles away a bus and taxi is the way we normally get to his or sometimes we get a friend to take us there it's in the middle of nowhere aswell so it's a fun journey as you can guess but yes i'm very excited to get to meet the new baby of the family although jinx and georgie are still babies both are just over a year old now. :D

kendrafitz
08-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Awesome!!! So sweet