PDA

View Full Version : Subject matter for August Photo Contest

spiritbird
08-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I posted this is the other thread but thought later it should be in a posting so everyone will notice by itself. I have been thinking of a subject matter for August contest. I like the idea of feather shots. They can be on or off of your bird, but must be from you own bird or birds.
This would include any crafty items or painting on feathers. How does this sound?

Maddy
08-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I LOVE this idea! :th_biggrin:

Blancaej
08-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I like it!

spiritbird
08-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Good, I am so glad you like the idea. I think there will be lots of photos submitted for this one.

coltfire
08-01-2013, 09:00 PM
sounds like the comp has started

ShellyBorg
08-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Sounds great! I will get it set up tonight!

Turquoise
08-02-2013, 09:22 AM
So for clarifications, are you wanting closeups of a single feather, on your bird? Closeups of feathers in a group, on your bird? Or just feathers as in anywhere on your bird closeup or far away, which would mean any photo would qualify as birds are covered in feathers, except a few special ones.

I am a bit confused as to what kind of 'feather shot' you are anticipating we should be striving for if we submit photos of feather shots on our birds. I can understand what kind of photo you would want of a feather shot of a craft item, as it would be the main focus point, but on a bird is unclear to me.

spiritbird
08-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Feathers on or off your bird. Can be close to show texture or far away to show colors. Feathers or feather. One could arrange molted feathers artistically and take photos. There are many options to choose from to display feathers. The only exception is that it must be from your own bird, not a photo from the internet or something like that. Is this more clear to anyone not understanding?

Mare
08-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Dang it! I just shipped out all my saved feathers, to Shelley, yesterday! Shelley, I expect something amazing from you :th_biggrin:

Mare
08-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Dianne, would my pet wild turkey's feathers count?

spiritbird
08-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Yes, if this turkey is your pet. They have such lovely feathers. How did you come by having a pet turkey?

Mare
08-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I was kind of kidding, we have about 7-8 wild turkeys that have moved in and haven't left, I call them my pets. They follow me around the yard and wait for handouts. When graining the horses, they can't come running quick enough. They sleep on the downstairs patio, outside our bedroom window,where it is cooler, in the hot afternoons. We have dozens and dozens of their feathers. I will keep collecting my cocky's feathers and come up with something, I'm sure :)!

Honesty
08-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I was kind of kidding, we have about 7-8 wild turkeys that have moved in and haven't left, I call them my pets. They follow me around the yard and wait for handouts. When graining the horses, they can't come running quick enough. They sleep on the downstairs patio, outside our bedroom window,where it is cooler, in the hot afternoons. We have dozens and dozens of their feathers. I will keep collecting my cocky's feathers and come up with something, I'm sure :)!

Look forward to seeing your cocky's feather creation Mare :D

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

coltfire
08-04-2013, 03:18 PM
is this where we are posting this months pics?1100

Debra
08-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I love that pic Steve!

Rescued
08-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Love it Steve.

ShellyBorg
08-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Please place photos here.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]!-quot-Feathers!-quot