PDA

View Full Version : Demons first trip into the public/ loving the new harness

ShellyBorg
08-01-2013, 06:49 AM
I bought a new harness a month or so ago from leathers4feathers.com . It is the large conure sized and at 10g for the harness and 5g for the leash it is a great weight for my senegal. I have been working with hair ties , putting them around his neck and really working on letting me move around wings. Today I took a deep breath and went for it. I put the harness on as smooth as I could and put him in the travel cage. We took the short trip into town and stopped first at the auto parts shop. I put the lead on while still in the cage then took him in. He did great, we went to In&Out next for some fries. people went nuts over him! Next was Michael's for some craft supplies, then off to Pet Smart. He did great and loved it! After he found out we where moving around and going places he was almost helping me attach the lead! LOL When we got home he did not fight and was a great guy when I took it off. He did grab a sip of water and went right to sleep!

Blancaej
08-01-2013, 11:04 AM
That is awesome Shelly. Sounds like he really enjoyed the busy day! He did so great for his first time!

I have been working on Quincy. Slowly getting him used to being touched. He has never been touchy feely but I am starting to see progress. Its going to take awhile but I think it can happen with time and patience. This story inspires me to keep trying! :)

Great pic by the way. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Pinkbirdy
08-01-2013, 11:23 AM
OMG Shelly [that's great]!!! Im picturing you taking him everywhere ! I think I live In the wrong area. I have one for Harlow [I got from Pet University].Its hard to slide to tighten. Hows yours ? I want to get one for my RB2 [Owen].

spiritbird
08-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Wonderful! He is really a cute little guy too.

Debra
08-01-2013, 01:09 PM
That's wonderful! I know he enjoyed himself. He looks so happy in that pic.

Blancaej
08-01-2013, 02:49 PM
OMG Shelly [that's great]!!! Im picturing you taking him everywhere ! I think I live In the wrong area. I have one for Harlow [I got from Pet University].Its hard to slide to tighten. Hows yours ? I want to get one for my RB2 [Owen].

Terri - I have the Aviator harness, too. I think it just takes practice. The more I use it on Savannah, the easier it gets to tighten.

ShellyBorg
08-01-2013, 03:10 PM
With this harness they come custom to fit what breed of bird you need it for. I did have a issue with the first one being to tight and the owner sent me a new one the next day that fit beautifully. So there is not adjustments.

Mare
08-01-2013, 11:42 PM
How fun! Damon didn't spook at all and try to fly? He sounds like such a well adjusted bird! (I'm with you Damon, In&Out has THE best fries!)

ShellyBorg
08-02-2013, 12:47 AM
He never spooked. He kept wanting to get on my shoulder but I would not let him. Did not feel like a new pircing if he did spook! I just ordered a harness from this gal again today for Danny!