PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of my Mums garden.

Honesty
07-31-2013, 10:30 PM
I am visiting my Mum this week and thought I would take some pics of her beautiful Garden to share with you :D

A couple more to follow.

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

ConureGuy
07-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Damn that is impressive mine looks like the back end of a pub full of beer cans, vodka bottles you name it. :th_LOL:

Honesty
07-31-2013, 10:43 PM

ShellyBorg
07-31-2013, 10:51 PM
WOW! Looks like a crew would be needed to care for it!

Honesty
07-31-2013, 11:12 PM
She keeps it like this all by herself :) Everything you see is done by my mum. She never stops working out there!

ShellyBorg
07-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Has she ever entered it in a contest? I know they have online ones that have members vote..

Honesty
07-31-2013, 11:34 PM
No she has never entered a competition. I could look into the on-line ones and enter it for her :D

spiritbird
07-31-2013, 11:35 PM
I am so impressed with your Moms green fingers. I know it makes her happy and content to see the garden growing.

Honesty
07-31-2013, 11:40 PM
I am so impressed with your Moms green fingers. I know it makes her happy and content to see the garden growing.

Thank you Dianne :)

Turquoise
08-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Oh My Goodness Gracious!!! Your Mom's garden is Gorgeous!!!:th_heart: I see where you get your love of gardening and the knack to keep it that way. :th_biggrin::thanks4sharingthumb

I can understand how you & your Mom can keep up so much work. my grandmother always had a beautiful garden. She loved things that bloomed with lots of color. My Mom took after her & always kept a beautiful flower garden. None of us 3 girls of hers inherited the ability or the will to work on a yard. I love beautiful yards, I just don't have the willpower to work that hard on one.

Blancaej
08-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Wow, beautiful garden your mum has there! I can definitely see where you get your green thumb! :th_biggrin:

Pinkbirdy
08-01-2013, 02:35 AM
Gorgeous !!! looks like one of my favorite parks here. I wish I had one of those well established vegetable gardens [the kind that produces too much.] I need a gardener to come with it !! :)

coltfire
08-01-2013, 03:47 AM
Wendy tell your mom she has beautiful gardens, i love my gardens and i could sit in that one for hours.

Mare
08-01-2013, 04:17 AM
Beautiful garden, mum! It's no wonder, Wendy, that you also have a beautiful garden!

Honesty
08-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Beautiful garden, mum! It's no wonder, Wendy, that you also have a beautiful garden!

Thank you Mare :D

Honesty
08-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Oh My Goodness Gracious!!! Your Mom's garden is Gorgeous!!!:th_heart: I see where you get your love of gardening and the knack to keep it that way. :th_biggrin::thanks4sharingthumb

I can understand how you & your Mom can keep up so much work. my grandmother always had a beautiful garden. She loved things that bloomed with lots of color. My Mom took after her & always kept a beautiful flower garden. None of us 3 girls of hers inherited the ability or the will to work on a yard. I love beautiful yards, I just don't have the willpower to work that hard on one.

Thank you De'Andrea. :D
My love for gardening is the one thing my Mum and I have in common. I could sit here all day :D

Honesty
08-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Wendy tell your mom she has beautiful gardens, i love my gardens and i could sit in that one for hours.

Thank you Steve.

I do spend hours sitting here when I visit :D

Honesty
08-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Wow, beautiful garden your mum has there! I can definitely see where you get your green thumb! :th_biggrin:

Thanks Blanca :D

Debra
08-01-2013, 01:15 PM
The apple didn't fall from the tree did it? You both have fantastic gardens and are great with live plants. Tell your mum I'm in love with her garden please.

aliray
08-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow absolutly gorgeous. I love cottage type gardens. I still have no idea how one person can accomplish that much and keep it looking so fantastic. Thanks for posting the pics.

Honesty
08-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Wow absolutly gorgeous. I love cottage type gardens. I still have no idea how one person can accomplish that much and keep it looking so fantastic. Thanks for posting the pics.Thank you Alison :)

coltfire
08-09-2013, 02:49 PM
when i get back to Queensland, ill post some pics of my mothers gardens, she is on 12 arcers and has about 2 arcers of gardens, as you wendy i spend hours in the gardens at mums, but its normally cleaning and weeding but im happy in the garden, my grandmother of 98 still every day goes out and plays in one of the gardens on the property, and she walks 1.3 km every morning that's just walking up to the front gate and back 2 twice, when i left school i became a landscape gardener, just because of the gardens i grew up with, both my mothers and grand mothers houses where jungles, well they looked like them the amount of plants and tree's, my step father has banned my mother from the garden shop, as she can not help herself and buy more plants, now if it was just one or two it would be fine but when a truck comes to deliver a truck load and on a weekly bases , he said enough was enough , only because on his weekend he done nothing but plant, but i must admit he did put up with it for 20 years before he said enough.

Honesty
08-09-2013, 02:54 PM
when i get back to Queensland, ill post some pics of my mothers gardens, she is on 12 arcers and has about 2 arcers of gardens, as you wendy i spend hours in the gardens at mums, but its normally cleaning and weeding but im happy in the garden, my grandmother of 98 still every day goes out and plays in one of the gardens on the property, and she walks 1.3 km every morning that's just walking up to the front gate and back 2 twice, when i left school i became a landscape gardener, just because of the gardens i grew up with, both my mothers and grand mothers houses where jungles, well they looked like them the amount of plants and tree's, my step father has banned my mother from the garden shop, as she can not help herself and buy more plants, now if it was just one or two it would be fine but when a truck comes to deliver a truck load and on a weekly bases , he said enough was enough , only because on his weekend he done nothing but plant, but i must admit he did put up with it for 20 years before he said enough.I am at my happiest when Gardening. I too cannot resist going to Garden Centres and always come back laden with plants. I have designed many peoples gardens and have enjoyed doing it :)

I won a competition for my Garden 5 years on the trot. I stopped entering in the end as it was too stressful trying to keep the garden perfect for the judges.

coltfire
08-09-2013, 03:08 PM
mum was like that with Christmas, she used to do the whole property up with all the different themes, she has 170 xmas tree's what you see in shopping centers at xmas is what she done on the property but 10 fold, she had bus loads come to see it and i mean buses she won year after year, but it got to much as it took 3 months to set up and 1 month to pull down and a couple thousand dollars in electricity but the bus load of people did donate not that it ever covered the ex-pence but she did it for the love and the smiles it put on peoples faces

Honesty
08-09-2013, 03:35 PM
We have a few houses here that do this at Christmas. They look stunning, but like you say, it takes months to prepare. I will try and take some pics this year :) I am not sure how good my camera is in the dark! I do put a few lights up outside, not too many though.