PDA

View Full Version : Smokey sunset..

Mare
07-31-2013, 03:54 AM
In the Sierras of central Cal, we have a forest fire that's been going for eleven days now and has taken on more than 11,000 acres. It is now only 20% contained. The air has been so bad, we can't see the hills next to us! I talked to my niece today, her hubby is a hotshot firefighter and she says it's expected to go to at least 25,000 acres! It is in the most rugged country of the Sierras, I hope and pray for these firefighters, always! Here is a pic of our sunset.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
This is looking west and the fire is on the east of us.

Mare
07-31-2013, 04:45 AM
So far, we are just having a bit of sinus issues and the birds seem to be doing well. I do worry about them, so far it's all ok.

JadeC
07-31-2013, 04:48 AM
I heard about that... :( CA is in my prayers. We have been having wild fires here too.

Mare
07-31-2013, 04:58 AM
This is THE most scary time, fire season. We live on the side of a ridge and every summer, we are on the the edge of our seats, hoping and praying that we are not in the path of a fire.

Turquoise
07-31-2013, 05:58 AM
If I were rich I'd be living somewhere in or around the Rockies. Fire is the thing I would fear the most for me & my critters. Even more so than worrying a Grizzley would take a liking to poodle sandwiches.

I hope no fires come any closer to you & your niece's hubby stays safe. That is scary, but pretty, your sunset photo.

kendrafitz
07-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Oh wow! That is really scary! I hope they are able to contain it soon. Whenever I see those fires on the news I am shocked at how much damage occurs.

Sending good thoughts your way, hope your family and birds continue to stay safe and healthy.

Blancaej
07-31-2013, 12:40 PM
You will be in my thoughts along with you critter! Very scary. Stay safe!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
07-31-2013, 12:50 PM
It must be so tough to deal with fires. Sorry this is happening.