PDA

View Full Version : Sparky grooming me

Rescued
07-31-2013, 02:04 AM
I love my time grooming Sparky, she is such a sweetie. She takes a little time to give back to me. I am always amazed that that beak can break bones, crack nuts, preen feathers, and gently caress.
:th_biggrin:
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

JadeC
07-31-2013, 03:07 AM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] So sweet :) <3

Turquoise
07-31-2013, 06:20 AM
I love the way Sparky is rubbing across your fingers. That is adorable.:th_hug8: She looks almost like she is brushing your fingers like someone brushing their hair. You can see the love in Sparky's eyes & face when she is doing this. I just love macaws!

Macaws can be so gentle with such a powerful creation as their beaks. My Roscoe can be the gentlest of creatures when he is preening or feeding me. Ruby Jewel still has a little learning about how much pressure to apply when preening me. She is getting there.

coltfire
07-31-2013, 06:31 AM
that is so sweet the way he rubs his beak over your hand

PlaxMacaws
08-02-2013, 06:53 PM
That's sweet. Looks like she wants to try and feed your hand a bit there at the very end. Salsa does the exact same thing to my fingers, hands, and arms that Sparky is doing in your clip (ie, the repeated tender beak caresses). Zaf, on the other hand, is a huge preener of the individual hairs on my arms as well as a huge puller/ripper of the scab crust from those little birdy toenail scratches I end up with at times - that part usually doesn't feel very comfortable, but he thinks he's doing me a noble service. Those long beak-to-skin caresses from Sals feel very relaxing though.

Rescued
08-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I have to be very diligent about not letting her regurgitate for me. You can see that I pull away. She really is a caring type. I just wish I could get her to relax a bit. She always is on the verge of regurgitation.

plax
08-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I have to be very diligent about not letting her regurgitate for me. You can see that I pull away. She really is a caring type. I just wish I could get her to relax a bit. She always is on the verge of regurgitation.Zaf is a regurg'ing monster at times! :th_eek:

spiritbird
08-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Macaws are such large birds, they seem to intimidate me somewhat. I am sure if I were with one that bird would know it!

Rescued
08-02-2013, 09:18 PM
LOL, they used to intimidate me too. I went from the toos to macaws, it really seemed to be a step DOWN in difficulty They are more obvious in their thinking. So much easier to read in my opinion. It took quite a while to gain confidence with what they do with their beaks though. The toos are way less physical with their beaks, unless they are biting.