PDA

View Full Version : Three Years Ago

Maddy
07-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Once upon a time (July 30th 2010), a girl woke up normally. She got out of bed, and did stuff that normal people do. After a day of doing normal things, her mother came home from work. The girl, named Madalyn, that preferred to be called Maddy, asked her mother if she could go buy the budgie she was promised. You see, nine days earlier was Maddy's Birthday. Before her Birthday, she had begged her parents to buy her a pet for her Birthday. She wanted a hamster or a bird, but was leaning more towards a bird. Her mother decided that she would grant Maddy's wish. She went out to try and find a hamster cage. However, she couldn't find a cute one that she liked. So, instead, she bought a bird cage. On Maddy's special day, during present time, she saw an oddly shaped present. She knew it had to be something special. So of course she went to open that one first. However, her mother told her save that one for last. Maddy put it back down, and opened all the other presents. After a little while, all that was left was the oddly shaped gift. Maddy excitedly grabbed the present, sat down, and tore the wrapping paper off. Under the wrapping paper was a box. But not any old box! It was one of those boxes from PetSmart, that they put animals in when you buy them. Maddy grinned and slowly opened the box. The silly "girl" expected there to be an animal in that box. She didn't think about the fact that it would not be safe to put an animal inside a box wrapped in wrapping paper with no holes. Once the box was open, she carefully pulled out the tissue paper, then frowned in disappointment. Inside the box, there was a animal! Well, a glass animal. It was a little blue jay ornament. Maddy was very upset about this, because she was expecting a real living breathing animal. Later, her parents told her to sit on the floor and close her eyes. She did as they said, and a minute later she heard her parents put something down in front of her, and she was told she could open her eyes. She did, and sitting on the ground in front of her was an adorable little bird cage. In was white, with a purple top. Her parents told her that she could get a budgie to fill that cage. Maddy was thrilled. Back to the 30th.... After asking if they could buy her bird that day, her mother said that she probably could. An hour or so later, Maddy excitedly got dressed, and then hopped in the car with her family. They drove off! Much to Maddy's dismay, before they could go to the pet store, one of her parents had to get their hair cut. She sadly sat in one of the chair up at the front. Waiting and waiting. She was very worried that they wouldn't make it to PetSmart in time. After what felt like forever, they were finally done. They then drove over to PetSmart. Maddy's mom dropped her and her dad off at the front, then drove off with Maddy's sister to Party City. Maddy skipped into the store with her dad not far behind. She went right over to the budgie case. It was time for her to make a very hard decision, which budgie should she pick. There were lots of pretty budgies. She saw a beautiful white budgie, but that budgie was too puffy and sickly looking. After a few minutes, she decided on a blue and white zebra striped budgie. They called a worker over to help them. After the worker got the budgie out of the case, Maddy and her dad went to the food section, and picked out a bag of seed and a bag of millet. They took that up to the check out and paid. Maddy grabbed her budgie, who was in a box, and went outside with her dad. Her mom pulled up at the front, and they both got in the car. Maddy's mom and sister were very excited to see the budgie that she picked out. Maddy handed the box over, and her mom carefully opened the side of the box to peek in. She thought that the budgie was cute. After getting food from a drive thru and eating in the car, they drove home. When they got home, Maddy's aunt and cousin (you see, they were living with Maddy's family at the time) were very excited to see her new budgie. Her mom carefully grabbed the budgie out of the box, and then Maddy pet her head for the first time. Then they put her in the cage. It wasn't a very proper cage, oh no, it was very small, and it only had one plastic perch, a swing, and a mirror. But don't worry, that was fixed later that week. After the budgie was in the cage, they had to name it. Maddy had come up with a short list of names the she liked. Ginny, Hedwig, Weasley, and Percy. (Yes, she was very much a Harry Potter fan) She wanted to name the budgie Hedwig, but her mother wasn't a big fan of that name. Her mother liked Weasley, her aunt liked Beasley, and I guess her dad had no say. She agreed on Weasley, because she did indeed like that name. After, Maddy sat and talked to the little bird. She sat there for quite a while. She then decided that it was time to put Weasley to bed. She walked out of her room and asked her parents to give her something to cover Weasley with, and they gave her the ugliest rainbow polka dot blanket. (Which Maddy still uses to cover her budgie cage with, believe it or not.) She went back into her room, with her mother, to put Weasley to bed. Her mother said that they should sing her a bed time song. Maddy agreed. They sang the goodbye song from the end of Bear in the Big Blue House, except they changed the word 'goodbye' to 'goodnight'. After they finished the song, Maddy covered the little budgie, turned out the lights, and closed the door.

Later, when Maddy went to sleep, there was something different. That was because she was not going to bed as a normal girl, she was going to bed as a crazy bird girl.

And she loved it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(This is me talking now, well, that was me before, but now I'm talking talking)

Today is a very special day for me. Because three years ago a became a bird owner.
Three years ago, I walked into a pet store, and purchased the best budgie in the world.
Three years ago, was the start of my 'craziness'.

And I've been happier ever since.

Now, as most of you know, my sweet Weasley isn't with me anymore. She passed away on April 22nd of this year. But she still deserves to be celebrated, and thanked. I remember everything about her, and I always will. (Ahhh, here come the tears) I can't thank her enough for being the sweet bird she was, it helped a lot. Her sweetness made me crave more birds, because I then knew how special they were. All of my other birds, they have Weasley to thank. It was because of HER that they are all with me. And I have her thank to thank for that as well.

Like I said on April 22nd, I will be a WeasleyLover, forever.

I love you Weasley, thank you.

Another day has gone
I'm still all alone
How could this be
You're not here with me
You never said goodbye
Someone tell me why
Did you have to go
And leave my world so cold

Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

You are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
You are not alone

In loving Memory~

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Debra
07-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh Maddy! What a wonderful tribute. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Blancaej
07-30-2013, 05:13 PM
That was really great Maddy. The end made me tear up. You are a special young lady and we enjoy having you be a part of our forum family. :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

spiritbird
07-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Indeed you are very special and the animals know and feel it. You did not have Weasley for very long. Some birds that live in our homes have short but happy lives. I truly believe they live with us in our hearts forever. I once had a animal communicator that told me our most loved pets come back to us, perhaps in a new body that is healthier. Your tribute is wonderful.

Mare
07-31-2013, 03:28 AM
Oh, Maddy..:)

gemini_84
07-31-2013, 05:24 AM
what an absolutey beautiful tribute maddy, wonderfully written and heart felt.

Turquoise
07-31-2013, 05:28 AM
Loved your story Maddy! Your poem and slide show tribute video is so touching. :th_hug8: Wesley was such a beautiful little girl. I loved her wet look. Her feathers on her head looked like little bangs sticking out.

Wesley was the same color my first budgie I ever bought me was. He was a baby fresh out of the nest. I named him Cherokee and he was my first talking parrot. I lost him at three yrs. old to a respiratory illness. He started my love & yearning to one day be where I am today over 30 yrs later with my dream flock.

You are a wonderful parront. Your flock is a very lucky vrou of feathered darlings to be blessed with you.:th_biggrin:

coltfire
07-31-2013, 06:11 AM
Maddy its people like you that make it a pleasure to be part of the bird world, and it brought tears to my eye's also.

Maddy
08-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Thank you guys. :) I couldn't of been luckier to own Weasley, even if it was only for a short time. I just never imagined what it would be like to own a bird (More like "be owned by birds LOL), but I totally love it. :th_heart: